Author Topic: Projector shaders make IR crash all the time  (Read 1680 times)

2021-11-04, 22:32:12

Konichowaa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi ,
I just wanted to let you know that in my personal case, the C4D projector shader is my main reason for the many IR crashes I have. With an AMD threadripper 64-cores and 256GB I hoped to work without problems using the IR on large scale projects, or again with upgrading 6 to 7, but it seems I finally found the actual problem which was the reason for crashes on both small and large projects.

I use a lot of furniture and decoration objects from designconnected.com in a subscription, but all the 3D-models have as a standard projector shaders in the materials. When I convert the c4d materials to corona (legacy) materials, the projector shaders are also included.
I easily had about 15 crashes a day when using IPR, until I recently cleaned up a project (that kept crashing instantly when starting the IR) from all projector shaders. This was a pretty time-consuming job to do with about 1000 materials to check all channels and nested fusion or layer shaders.
It took me a few crashes and restarting the checking over and over to eliminate all the projector shaders from the the project, but once done, I was sooooo relieved and impressed to be able to work an entire evening without crashes in that very same project... very stable at last.
With the next following projects I have the same results...

Maybe other people should check this too when they experience many crashes in IR.
I hope a solution for this problem will come with corona 8 or 7HF3 ;-D
best regards
Koen Van haesendonck
3D-lab - www.3d-lab.be

2021-11-05, 09:29:52
Reply #1

mmarcotic

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Jan - C4D QA
    • View Profile
Hello,

sorry that you're having issues. Projector shader is an issue that we know of, but we have never really seen it crash (which will for sure bump up priority to fix it).
Could you supply us with some random scene, in which the IR crashes?

Thanks,
Jan
Learn how to report bugs for Corona in C4D here.