Author Topic: Daily builds version 2  (Read 135129 times)

2018-03-18, 01:19:36
Reply #375

sevecek

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Having problems with daily dated 16th March and Vray scene.
Opening material editor 3dsmax crashes.

Could you please send us a minidump?
https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000524006-how-to-report-issues-3ds-max

2018-03-18, 21:55:42
Reply #376

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Is there a reasons why Corona toolbar is being implemented the way it is now and not as a regular macroscript? I mean, it's not backwards compatible and buttons are not editable, that's quite a pain in the ass for me. Is there any benefits of your implementation?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-03-19, 03:21:35
Reply #377

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
Is there a reasons why Corona toolbar is being implemented the way it is now and not as a regular macroscript? I mean, it's not backwards compatible and buttons are not editable, that's quite a pain in the ass for me. Is there any benefits of your implementation?
i guess it is because they did it with max SDK, but i dont know is it possible or not about make the toolbar accessible with macroscript in max SDK.

and for devs, big thanks for great works for the new toolbar, really helpful. but i have 2 things in my mind,
- Can you add separators in corona toolbar like another max toolbars? imho "add coronaCam" and "create coronaCam from view" should be placed side by side.
- And i have a problem with clicking the wrong IR, if i need "IR in viewport" but wrongly clicked the other it would be easy to solve with just close the VFB but if vise versa i need to do longer step to fix my mistake (option>stop>rightClick>perspective). i know this is fully my own hand problem but i'd be able to handle it if you can make the toolbar customizable (related to romullus need).. Make the items moveable or removeable or even change its icon.

2018-03-19, 08:43:43
Reply #378

soso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Does anyone notice that CoronaVolumeMtl in Corona_2018-03-16 is produces more noise result than Corona v1.7 (hotfix 3) in the HDR background?

Look at the  cloud in the attachments below, the daily build is produces more noise on the cloud than the v1.7 (hotfix 3)
The project file uploaded as 1521443524_test-HDR-clouds.7z

This CoronaVolumeMtl behavior is even worse when rendering the clouds in high altitude (3000m) using Dreamscape plugin by afterworks (Sitni Sati). The cloud is dissapear in the daily builds, but no in the v1.7.3. Here's the settings:

Here's the comparison:

corona v1.7.3

Daily Build March 16

The project file uploaded as 1521445291_Cloud-dissapear.7z
« Last Edit: 2018-03-19, 08:57:15 by soso »

2018-03-19, 09:25:50
Reply #379

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Can you add separators in corona toolbar like another max toolbars? imho "add coronaCam" and "create coronaCam from view" should be placed side by side.

I agree. Despite I don't really use it, I have I grouped the bar to "Creation" | "Tools" | "Rendering". Looks more tidy.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2018-03-19, 10:17:44
Reply #380

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Max does not provide any MAXScript API for toolbars. One can only manually modify CUIX file exported from Max and import it back. This is an error-prone solution that one should rather avoid when distributing the toolbar to whole user base. We definitely don't want to break users' UI. The official way for adding a toolbar is to use Max SDK which is what we did.

What do you mean by "buttons are not editable"? You can reorder them in the toolbar as you want, you can remove any button you don't want to use, you can add your own button if you wish. All these should work except in Max 2018 which has broken toolbar saving on session end (this bug affects not only the Corona toolbar but actually any 3rd-party toolbar).

The toolbar is Corona v2 feature. It is not meant to be used in Corona v1.7 since it uses some internal stuff that is/was not exported to MAXScript. Is that what you mean by the "backward compatibility"?
« Last Edit: 2018-03-19, 10:32:13 by mike288 »
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2018-03-19, 10:22:11
Reply #381

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
- Can you add separators in corona toolbar like another max toolbars? imho "add coronaCam" and "create coronaCam from view" should be placed side by side.
OK, recording it as a request to be considered. Thanks.

- And i have a problem with clicking the wrong IR, if i need "IR in viewport" but wrongly clicked the other it would be easy to solve with just close the VFB but if vise versa i need to do longer step to fix my mistake (option>stop>rightClick>perspective). i know this is fully my own hand problem but i'd be able to handle it if you can make the toolbar customizable (related to romullus need).. Make the items moveable or removeable or even change its icon.
But you can move any button via ALT+drag&drop. You can even remove it by dropping it outside any toolbar. This is standard Max feature. As already replied to romullus: it should work except in Max 2018 which has broken toolbar saving on session end (this bug affects not only the Corona toolbar but actually any 3rd-party toolbar).
« Last Edit: 2018-03-19, 10:32:06 by mike288 »
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2018-03-19, 10:29:07
Reply #382

cgiout

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Having problems with daily dated 16th March and Vray scene.
Opening material editor 3dsmax crashes.

Could you please send us a minidump?
https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000524006-how-to-report-issues-3ds-max
I'll send it tonight.

thanks.

2018-03-19, 14:37:37
Reply #383

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
But you can move any button via ALT+drag&drop. You can even remove it by dropping it outside any toolbar.
So that's how you do it. The only way i knew, was by right clicking on button and choose delete and should i place button in the wrong position when creating my own toolbar, i had to delete everything and start dropping buttons again, d'oh!!! Thanks a ton for a tip! :]

The toolbar is Corona v2 feature. It is not meant to be used in Corona v1.7 since it uses some internal stuff that is/was not exported to MAXScript. Is that what you mean by the "backward compatibility"?
It won't be a problem when v2 is out and there will be no reason to get back to 1.7 Not a big issue. I can wait :]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-03-21, 00:21:34
Reply #384

Javadevil

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The material converter sort of works but not how I'd expect it to.
Its converting the Vray material,but material still missing so it cannot be adjusted.
Can the converter convert it to a usable corona material ?

2018-03-21, 07:32:29
Reply #385

tallbox

• Active Users
  • George Nicola
    • View Profile
    • Architectural Visualizations | TALLBOX
Vray 2Side mat. isn't supported yet?
Architectural Visualizations / Deep work practitioner
https://www.tallboxdesign.com

2018-03-21, 08:48:57
Reply #386

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
But you can move any button via ALT+drag&drop. You can even remove it by dropping it outside any toolbar.
So that's how you do it. The only way i knew, was by right clicking on button and choose delete and should i place button in the wrong position when creating my own toolbar, i had to delete everything and start dropping buttons again, d'oh!!! Thanks a ton for a tip! :]
You're welcome. Using CTRL+drag&drop you can copy toolbar buttons ;-) but that does not seem very useful to me.

The right-click menu is among toolbar feature requests, with a lower priority though.

2018-03-21, 08:53:38
Reply #387

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Its converting the Vray material,but material still missing so it cannot be adjusted.
AFAIK this is how it is supposed to work - that you can render Vray materials without modifying the scene.

2018-03-21, 09:09:26
Reply #388

Monkeybrother

• Active Users
    • View Profile
AFAIK this is how it is supposed to work - that you can render Vray materials without modifying the scene.

What if we want to modify it? Working with a scene you can't edit isn't a realistic scenario, especially since the converter isn't perfect.

2018-03-21, 12:24:48
Reply #389

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
If you want to actually change it to a Corona Material (a "destructive" change to the scene), then that would be where the existing Converter script comes in, as that is what it does.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us