Author Topic: WeeHouse - Alchemy Architects  (Read 7167 times)

2015-11-25, 00:52:19

modern_babylon

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Here's another little project I have had in the works for ages....but have only just got around to finishing. Designed by Alchemy Architects its located in Marfa, Texas. I've taken a little creative license with the interior and landscaping. Rendered using Corona , 3DS Max and Photoshop. Feel free to leave any comments/questions.

Thanks

MB

https://www.facebook.com/ModernBabylon3D/

2015-11-25, 05:33:08
Reply #1

lucideye

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I like...it's got that "THE one nice house in a desert" kind of feel for me.
Minor crit  : that piece of curtain that's supposedly affected by the wind -- looks off (not natural; esp. in the interior shot).

2015-11-25, 05:38:46
Reply #2

modern_babylon

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks lucideye. I tend to agree with you about he curtain, I was trying to make the movement very subdued and slight. I find its a tough one to make look really nice.

2015-11-25, 17:28:01
Reply #3

F13Design

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • F13 Design Studio, LLC
Nice renderings! I like the lighting and the desert looks and feels like one. There is one crit that I have and it would be on the exterior dusk (1st and 2nd image) You have the sun that had just gone down so I would think that the walls facing the camera would be in shade. I feel like the facades/walls would be slightly darker because all of your light sources that we can see in your scene are in front of you.
Michael Secrist
F13 Design Studio, LLC
www.f13design.com

2015-11-26, 07:55:41
Reply #4

modern_babylon

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi F13Design, I've lit this shot to be a completely different time of day to the other 3 shots in the set as I wanted to show it with different lighting. The time of day for these two shots was more early evening,  so the ambient blue lighting is more uniform to draw out the interior lighting. That was the intention anyway. Thanks for the comments :)

2015-11-26, 23:36:04
Reply #5

RolandB

• Active Users
  • Corona fan
    • View Profile
    • Béhance portfolio
For me it's perfect. All other things are details.
Congratulations !
Portfolio on Béhance
http://www.behance.net/GCStudio

2015-11-27, 04:49:54
Reply #6

Ando

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Awesome work man! Can't wait for the"Making Of"..

2015-11-27, 15:29:02
Reply #7

F13Design

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • F13 Design Studio, LLC
Hi F13Design, I've lit this shot to be a completely different time of day to the other 3 shots in the set as I wanted to show it with different lighting. The time of day for these two shots was more early evening,  so the ambient blue lighting is more uniform to draw out the interior lighting. That was the intention anyway. Thanks for the comments :)

Thanks for sharing your insights on how you achieved your lighting. I can see what you are saying. It does look great!
Michael Secrist
F13 Design Studio, LLC
www.f13design.com

2015-11-27, 15:44:15
Reply #8

yagi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
your images are always top notch every time you post something. but i feel you can do better with the background integration in post of some of the renders, its pretty obvious in the day shot.

2015-11-27, 16:12:52
Reply #9

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
I really like how perfectly you manage to blend foreground with the background. It takes a while to figure out, and first ideas are that environment is either completely CG, or completely photo, yet it's just a very good match of foreground to the background :)

2016-01-15, 04:36:39
Reply #10

modern_babylon

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank for all the feedback guys. Happy New Year everyone :)