Author Topic: Corona 6 UVW randomizer changes v5 uvw randomizer  (Read 3674 times)

2020-09-24, 23:45:43

Evan Lindsay

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I was just rendering an animation scene that was originally created with version 5 and now version 6 has changed the uvw randomizer map so that my floor concrete texture doesn't match the v5 version anymore. Is this a known bug?

3ds Max 2021, Corona 6.

Thanks

2020-09-25, 12:20:24
Reply #1

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

Can you please provide some examples? This might be to do with the high quality blending feature added in v6. You can try to disable the HQ blending and see if you get the same effect.

Cheers,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2020-09-27, 20:18:17
Reply #2

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Can you share the settings for the Randomizer map, i've noticed some major differences between how they behave

2020-10-05, 22:09:58
Reply #3

Evan Lindsay

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is now popping up on all my older v5 animations. You can see the difference between these two pics. I'm using default settings for the randomizer blending.

2020-10-06, 09:02:10
Reply #4

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Hi, I just re-rendered an older scene and also noticed that the randomizer is different. It wasn't a problem for me per se, but obviously the 'seed' is creating a 'new random' (for lack of a better explanation).

I'm not sure this is really worth investigating, as people should be aware when rendering with different versions, but perhaps users should at least be informed that this issue exists...
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2020-10-06, 16:14:11
Reply #5

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
No, actually we wanted the V5 UVW Randomizer results to stay the same in V6. There was even an internal fix for this when the new Randomizer was developed. We are definitely interested in investigating.
Could anyone with this issue please send us a sample scene? (even very simple like one plane object)

Could it have something to do with the Real world scale option? Are you using it?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-10-07, 07:57:00
Reply #6

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
I'll put something simple in the upload portal shortly. I'll double check, but it's likely I'm using real-world scale.

Btw; I'm using Corona 6.0 (not the hotfix)

Update: Uploaded. The randomizer is applied to a mesh, which was originally generated from Floor Generator (as I'm guessing the bathroom tiles above were, too?)

File name: 1602053208_RANDOM-PANELS.zip
« Last Edit: 2020-10-07, 08:47:52 by aaouviz »
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/