Author Topic: About DR server.  (Read 460 times)

2023-03-25, 18:43:15

hiramiya

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is there a way to use multiple PCs with DRserver and have the rendering done only on the other PCs, without rendering on my own PC? I want to do other work on my own PC while rendering on other PCs. Does anyone know if this is possible?

2023-03-27, 13:10:41
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
It's not possible with DR at the moment, but is possible via Backburner. There is a request filed to make it possible. Do note that even if working, or if using Backburner in the meantime, you will need to have Render Node licenses for the other machines (or if using just one machine to render, you'll have to accept that your main machine can't render while the other one is rendering... which I guess it couldn't anyway, because the DR results would still be taking up the VFB on the main machine :) )
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2023-03-28, 17:42:21
Reply #2

hiramiya

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,

Thank you for your response. While it is possible with Backburner, is there a way to render an image on multiple computers without dividing it, by distributing the path to multiple computers like DRserver? This is because dividing the image can result in inefficient rendering due to the parts ending at different times.