Author Topic: Version 6 and STILL vfb size problem  (Read 3138 times)

2020-08-30, 13:10:43

mitchino

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I can't quite believe this problem hasn't been sorted yet.

When I set my render size in c4d to lets say A5 at 300ppi, and open the Corona VFB and click interactive rendering, the window expands to be too big for my screen and I can't resize it.

When will this be fixed?

2020-08-31, 13:10:15
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
You can fix the max size of IR rendering in the Preferences section:
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2020-10-05, 15:10:46
Reply #2

WorkFlow

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You can fix the max size of IR rendering in the Preferences section:

I know I'm a little late to the topic  but anyways...

Setting a max. resolution for IR is only a work-around and should not be seen as the final solution IMHO.

For example the way I work is that I have a render-setting with small resolution to test-render the whole image, but if I want to check a texture or some detail with full final resolution I switch to my final-setting which renders to 5000x5000px. The IR window then blows up across both my screens and has to be manually resized every time.

In a perfect world we should be able to resize the CVFB however big or small we want.
The minimum width is currently restricted by the icons in the top row which can't be modified/deleted - even if I have never used some of them in years I can't get rid of them.
Also maybe add a feature where you could drag an area in the viewport which is then sent as render-region to the IR.
Windows 10, Cinema4D R21.207, Corona 6.0

2020-10-05, 16:30:16
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Oh I agree about it just being a work around and not a final solution - I am very used to how it works over in Max, where I can shrink or enlarge the VFB however I like :) Definitely a workaround I find I need though, so just letting people know it's there as at least it saves the VFB always being 1920 wide or more for larger resolutions :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us