Author Topic: Bug or User Error?  (Read 1145 times)

2019-03-25, 09:38:00

WorkFlow

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey guys,

loving the commercial release so far, unfortunately I'm not able to use daily builds due to company intern IT-limitations.

Today I came across an issue with incorrect rendering of reflections in chrome surfaces.

The image shows a pendant lamp with chrome upper parts and glass lower parts.
Additionally there are small crystals (actual geomtery with their own glass material) spread across the inner surface of that glas part.
The issue is, that these crystals render fine "directly" but don't show up in the reflections of the chrome parts - the glas bowl and the inner lighting do though...

Now I don't know if this is a bug or if I could resolve the problem myself with some render setting (I honestly haven't tried out that much).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Flo

EDIT: Of course I would be able to upload the scene for the Corona Team to test themselves if needed!
« Last Edit: 2019-03-25, 09:44:12 by WorkFlow »
Windows 10, Cinema4D R21.207, Corona 6.0

2019-03-25, 16:47:22
Reply #1

WorkFlow

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Follow up:

Could this be linked to the deactivated caustics in the glass materials?
I just noticed on another project, that glass without caustics renders almost invisible in reflections but with caustics turned on it's clearly visible like I would expect it to be.

I don't know too much about the internals of caustics and if this is the intended/expected behavior, I just wanted to point this out in addition to the first post.
Windows 10, Cinema4D R21.207, Corona 6.0