General Category > Gallery

Noname #1

(1/2) > >>

SanderB:
Just testdriving the corona renderer and getting some great results so far.
There are a few features i would gladly welcome but by searching through the forum they seem to be already in the pipeline :)
Two things about this scene:
The leaves are opacity mapped and are coming out with a bit of blurred edges. I also rendered the close-up shot without dof and there it was more noticable. Could ofcourse also have to do with my mat setup but nevertheless i didnt thought it was too problematic.
Had some weird things going on with the glassmat. At some point it had a lot of weird splotches in it which i believe were to blame on pushing the gain on a colorcorrection map on a bitmap too high. Also at some point there was some noticable colorchange through the glass which i cant remember how i fixed it but thought was very odd at the time. (also don't seem to be able to reproduce it at the moment)
Anyways I am surely planning on doing some more scenes with corona in the future, great job on it so far :)

iliyang:
Maybe you can reduce the blurriness of the leaves by increasing the opacity texture resolution. I think that the smaller the resolution is, the blurrier they will appear. The texture is probably being bi-linear interpolated, which smears the edges of the objects.

Ludvik Koutny:
Hi and welcome.

For opacity maps, always be sure to set blur of your opacity bitmap to lowest value possible - 0,01.

About glassmat...  i am not sure i understand what you exactly mean :) A screenshot/render of the problem along with screenshot of the material setup would help a bit :)

SanderB:
Ah yeah the blur in the opacitymap was at its default 1, that's prolly it looking at some quick testrenders. I didnt really investigate it further because i didnt thought it was that noticable/bad.
For the glass mat i tried to reproduce what i meant, but i seem to not be able to :(. U can still see it a bit on the picture i posted on the top glass part i think, there is a blackish splotch on it which shouldnt be there normally and at 1 point there were more of them. But i've been tweaking the mat quite some and i thought at some point it had something to do with the gain on a colorcorrection on a bitmap in the refraction slot, but i seem to be mistaken. Ah well guess it was prolly some fail mat setting somewhere by me.

Ludvik Koutny:
Ahh, you meant glass board of the table, now i understand...  Not sure what could cause it, if there is a texture, it might just react in unexpected way with refraction and Fresnel falloff... strange... But of course as the renderer is still in alpha stage, there is still a fair possibility that it's a bug...

By the way, what do you use as your secondary GI solver? :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version