Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] Feature Requests

Display Tags - Visibility Support

(1/2) > >>

Nejc Kilar:
Hey devs,

I think it would be pretty cool if there would be full support for Display tags in C4D :)

Right now if you add a Display tag and animate its visibility you'll only see its effect at 100% or 0%. The values in between don't create a gradual transition at all. In geek terms, its either 1 or 0 :)

Oddly enough, C4D exhibits the same behavior in the viewport but rendering with the physical renderer for example totally works as expected.

Oh and yeah, you can animate the opacity on the materials sure but we don't want to have 20 different materials in the scene to animate 20 different pieces right? I mean imagine if you are doing shader dev on a scene like that...

Thanks!

burnin:
no tags needed ;)

a viable bypass for now is to animate the opacity inside the shader (yes, you can set & work on the whole selection in one go - even 20+ materials, obejcts)

e.g.

although the level of effect/visibility, stated in percentages instead of checkboxes would be great upgrade to an already existing Corona Compositing tag

shane_w:

--- Quote from: nkilar on 2018-06-25, 11:34:02 ---Hey devs,

I think it would be pretty cool if there would be full support for Display tags in C4D :)

Right now if you add a Display tag and animate its visibility you'll only see its effect at 100% or 0%. The values in between don't create a gradual transition at all. In geek terms, its either 1 or 0 :)

Oddly enough, C4D exhibits the same behavior in the viewport but rendering with the physical renderer for example totally works as expected.

Oh and yeah, you can animate the opacity on the materials sure but we don't want to have 20 different materials in the scene to animate 20 different pieces right? I mean imagine if you are doing shader dev on a scene like that...

Thanks!

--- End quote ---

I agree having the visability tag working with opacity would be a huge benefit for me.  It used to kinda work and I think the team remove or disabled it. 

@ burnin that could be a possibility for an extremely simple scene as you posted. But imaging a simple animation with 20 chairs with 10 materials each that you need to fade in one by one.  That is 200 materials you would need to manage.  Rather than animate one visibility tag, copy it to the 20 chairs and move around the key frames to get the fades you would like.

Nejc Kilar:

--- Quote from: burnin on 2018-06-25, 17:45:41 ---no tags needed ;)

a viable bypass for now is to animate the opacity inside the shader (yes, you can set & work on the whole selection in one go - even 20+ materials, obejcts)

e.g.

although the level of effect/visibility, stated in percentages instead of checkboxes would be great upgrade to an already existing Corona Compositing tag

--- End quote ---

It is possible, especially with setting things to be driven / drivers but ultimately I have to agree with shane_w, complex scenes can get really hard to manage.

burnin:

--- Quote from: shane_w on 2018-06-25, 21:10:55 ---
--- Quote from: nkilar on 2018-06-25, 11:34:02 ---Hey devs,

Thanks!

--- End quote ---

I agree having the visability tag working with opacity would be a huge benefit for me.  It used to kinda work and I think the team remove or disabled it. 

@ burnin that could be a possibility for an extremely simple scene as you posted. But imaging a simple animation with 20 chairs with 10 materials each that you need to fade in one by one.  That is 200 materials you would need to manage.  Rather than animate one visibility tag, copy it to the 20 chairs and move around the key frames to get the fades you would like.

--- End quote ---

It was done in single action. Doesn't matter if you have 6 or 1000 materials to manipulate.

The real deal breaker is the limitation within C4D. Not sure if it's still the case, but i often hit the limit on number of selected objects/materials/tags user can have to edit all at once.
Also i never counted, neither did dwell further...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version