Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] General Discussion

Corona Image Editor CPU Usage

(1/4) > >>

ThomasCoote:
Hi,

Using the Corona Image Editor on 1.7 seems significantly slower than previous builds. When altering Lightmix intensity, exposure, light colour, anything really, the CPU usage spikes to 100% and it takes around 1 second per change to process.

Has anyone else noticed a slowdown on the latest version, and more importantly, found a workaround?

Thanks

ThomasCoote:
Has nobody else experienced this?

maru:
Haven't noticed it here. What is your CPU model?

mike288:
Hi, are you talking about same CXR and using same settings in 1.6 vs 1.7? If not, could you please test this scenario?

ThomasCoote:

--- Quote from: maru on 2017-12-13, 11:39:47 ---Haven't noticed it here. What is your CPU model?

--- End quote ---

CPU Model is E5-1650 V4

I've saved out some less complex scenes today and tested the Image Editor, and it's lightning fast. It seems to be with just this one scene (Although I have yet to test another complex scene with 1.7 Image Editor). The only thing that has changed with this scene between 1.6 and 1.7 is a lighting model imported from Sketchup and the corresponding LightSelect pass. I also allowed the render to run for several hundred passes overnight, although I'm not sure if this would contribute to a slowdown.

I have just resumed the render from the CXR in Max, and there is no slowdown when using lightmix or adjusting and post processing options - an action that gives a 3 second hang in the Image Editor is instantaneous in the VFB.

I don't have the 1.6 Image Editor to test this with, can I get a download link?

I can also provide you with the .CXR and possibly the Max file if needed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version