Author Topic: Issues w/ CoronaAO upstream of Mapping Randomizer/TriPlanar  (Read 637 times)

2023-07-24, 17:36:14

John.McWaters

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • JohnMcWaters.com
Before Corona 10, I seemed to be able to have CoronaAO components upstream or downstream of MappingRandomizers and Triplanars, but in 10, CoronaAO's are not behaving correctly for me when they are upstream. Is this expected behavior?

For example, this is the result when I have the following material setup...Checker map>CoronaAO (w/ a red occluded color)>Mapping Randomizer>CoronaTriplanar. Is the Mapping Randomizer acting on the upstream Corona AO component? If so, I don't think that was the case in previous versions.

edit: after a little more research, it looks like it behaves correctly in the CoronaAO is placed between the Mapping Randomizer and CoronaTriplanar...you just can't put it upstream of both.
« Last Edit: 2023-07-24, 20:35:43 by John.McWaters »

2023-07-25, 16:04:32
Reply #1

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I can confirm that using CoronaAO before CoronaMappingRandomizer gives unexpected results.
But that is not the expected setup, the CoronaAO should be used after MappingRandomizer (and/or Triplanar).

Because you want to randomize and scale/map the texture, and then add CoronaAO to it, which is geometry based and not texture related.

Setting up CoronaAO after MappingRandomizer should give the expected results.
Or you can use it the other way around to get some "interesting" results, optionally with another CoronaAO after mapping randomizer for correct AO.

Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us

2023-11-15, 20:22:53
Reply #2

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

This should be fixed in v11. You can grab the latest daily build here: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=40442.0

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!