Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
[C4D] Bug Reporting / White Balance value and Takes
« Last post by John_Do on Yesterday at 10:22:04 »
Hi,

I have random issues with the White Balance parameter when I'm using takes. It's not something new but since it's random, I've always avoided to report it. Now I have 15 golden renders with f***** up colors that I'll have to fix in post.

I'm working on a project right now so I can't do a proper bug report but as you can see on the current rendering, every WB value in the scene is 4000K, and yet the value used by Corona is 6500K. It's the only setting that is wrong and doesn't follow the Camera Tag settings.

I've checked every image before rendering the takes, fixing incorrect WB values. Yet when the final rendering starts, the WB is using the default value, even if a custom value is used in the scene and the override visible in the Takes Manager. I guess it's not a C4D issue since the other settings work as expected.

Also the WB parameter is displayed like this in the Takes Manager after it's overridden in the Camera Tag. It doesn't feel right :

Cinema 4D 2024.4.0 + Corona 11HF2
[Max] General Discussion / Re: Low CPU
« Last post by Frood on Yesterday at 10:09:49 »
Hi,

you may have a look at this thread:

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=41347.0

I bet your commit size (not in your screenshot) is way over 60GB. Either show the Memory part of Task manager or the details tab with the 3dsmax process with all relevant columns activated. And if you say, other, identical nodes do not page, do this for both :)

Good Luck

[Max] I need help! / Re: Proxies making file take forever to save
« Last post by Frood on Yesterday at 09:58:44 »
Is it the case?

You have to decide for yourself. I was not able to measure any significant speed gain in standard production scenes, and for me it makes no difference if a scene renders 4h20m32s or 4h19m11s. But the last time I checked CBitmap <-> Bitmap speed was quite a time ago.

Good Luck

« Last post by Frood on Yesterday at 09:47:30 »
If you have the scene it hand were this can be reproduced, please send it over and we will investigate it.

I checked the scene linked above by lupaz. Even properly relinking assets or disabling animation in the proxy objects does not change the behaviour.

Original scene Max 25.2.2.3312, Corona 11.1
Tested with Max 26.2.1.22056, Corona 11.2

However, the scene is loading twice as fast using CBitmaps :)

Good Luck

[Max] I need help! / Re: Stone roof
« Last post by Drago991 on Yesterday at 09:01:53 »
thank you guys for the help!
[C4D] Feature Requests / Re: Reverse Material Convertion
« Last post by davetwo on Yesterday at 08:41:06 »
True - but I don't think this would fall under Coronas remit TBH.
It's the sort of thing that someone writes a script for and releases for €5 on gumroad. It may well already exist in that format or (a personal script written by an active user that they would share out of pure kindness:) )
[Max] General Discussion / Low CPU
« Last post by Otuama on Yesterday at 08:16:11 »
Hi all,

Any reason why a system would be off loading to HDD and in turn dropping the CPU even though it's not using max RAM?

Other systems (same spec) are rendering the frames in half the time.

Thanks

« Last post by Aram Avetisyan on Yesterday at 08:03:21 »
Hi,

this looks like another of various issues with my 'beloved' CoronaBitmap. Original scene save:

Code: [Select]
INF: [18684] [50788] File save duration. Excluding pre/post save callbacks: 20 seconds. Including callbacks: 20 seconds.
After converting all CoronaBitmaps to standard Bitmap:

Code: [Select]
[18684] [50788] File save duration. Excluding pre/post save callbacks: 1 seconds. Including callbacks: 1 seconds.

Good Luck

If you have the scene it hand were this can be reproduced, please send it over and we will investigate it.
Afaik even with OOC textures Off, some hard drive read/write actions are being done.
Nevertheless, no slowdowns (even more such drastic) are expected, so we will be happy to investigate this.

Some reproduction steps, like, Create 10 Bitmaps with different 2k textures, apply (or maybe applying is not needed) to objects, save, check saving times.
And then teh same with CoronaBitmaps.
« Last post by Tom on Yesterday at 07:02:51 »
Interesting topic. I've never had any issue like that so far, so I always use Coronabitmaps.
I've read somewhere that they're faster to render compared to regulars bitmaps. But I've never actually did a test to see if they are really faster to render than regular bitmaps.

Is it the case?
Gallery / Chevrolet Camaro Protouring 1970
« Last post by onb.artdesign on 2024-05-12, 22:07:33 »
Hello to everyone.
Today I will share with you my Chevrolet Camaro Protouring 1970 Project. HDR dome was used as light source and environmental design.
It was designed with Corona 11 and 3d max software.
 I hope you like it.
 If you want to follow me, my Instagram address is https://www.instagram.com/onb.artdesign/
HDR by: magroung.com
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10