Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] General Discussion

Corona + Forester, can anyone advise

(1/3) > >>

caspian:
Hi
Has anyone got any experience with Forester using Corona in C4D? I'm curious if it as straightforward as I hope (i.e. the materials don't need to be recreated, the grass scattering works etc) I've asked the Forester team for an answer but haven't heard a peep so asking the hive mind here!
Many thanks

celmar:
hello! the extension  "Forester" 2 come with shaders for Corona (3 by tree), and usually I don't change anything; it works fine, with the exception that trees needs often a light more, just to get them less dark...one in one another, I use not so often Forester, but it seems to work always fine... I join one of the last pict Idid with trees;

Beanzvision:
Hi there,

I highly recommend Maxtree as an option also. They recently released a free asset pack of around 90 high-quality plants and trees. Definitely worth checking out.
https://maxtree.org/product-category/free/

caspian:
Does the grass scatter function on Forester work with Corona? I’m concerned that the expansion pack only has trees, but ideally I’d like to be able to use all the features (grass, generate rocks etc)
Thanks!

jojorender:
To be clear, for the expansion pack to work, you must also have the “main” forester plugin installed.

Main Forester plugin:
I think this is a great plugin, but comes with a bit of a learning curve.
Once you load a tree from the tree library you get 2 very basic c4d materials for trunk and leaves (only texture in color channel). While this might work, I would spend the time to setup better corona mats and save the entire tree in the content / asset browser for future use.
Randomize button gives you quick, endless tree variations. 
The trees in the expansion pack give you more complex (better) corona mats.

I use the forester multi cloner for everything “scatter”. Works really well, even with non-forester assets and of course Corona mats.

If you do animations, the hyper wind is a great feature.
Definitely watch the tutorials on the site.

If you need to “shape” your trees, flowers, etc (height, density, variations, etc) or need to go low poly to fill a large scene, Forester gives you the most flexibility.

If you just want to put great looking assets in a scene and render, I agree with beanzvision, try Maxtree. Materials are setup for corona and good to go.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version