Author Topic: Corona Renderer for Cinema 4D Beta 1 Release Candidate  (Read 40888 times)

2018-01-14, 17:20:44
Reply #30

walterfog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Works also on R19(win).
Is it something specific like reflection that you're having problems with?
Also when the scene is complex with multiple lights, the bounced light still hits the excluded object and it might look as if nothing changed.

no complex scene... only 2 light.... 1 with excluded object... but this not work....

2018-01-14, 17:22:59
Reply #31

walterfog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
strange question mark in bump channel with normal map... look at the picture and the example scene posted... cinema 4d r19 OS X yosemite...

2018-01-15, 07:54:00
Reply #32

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
strange question mark in bump channel with normal map... look at the picture and the example scene posted... cinema 4d r19 OS X yosemite...

Your normal map appears to be super strong and it is probably creating those shading problems. Try toning it down to see if it helps :)
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2018-01-15, 09:10:50
Reply #33

walterfog

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Your normal map appears to be super strong and it is probably creating those shading problems. Try toning it down to see if it helps :)

i try to modify tone .. try to create again normal channel... etc.... the problem still appear... and also I don't know why the question mark appear in the bump channel...

2018-01-15, 09:32:08
Reply #34

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Does it happen even if your normal strength is set to something low like 1%?

The missing icon is "OK" because afaik the devs haven't fixed it yet. It works but its showing up like a missing texture right now. Don't worry about that one.

2018-01-15, 10:14:32
Reply #35

walterfog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Does it happen even if your normal strength is set to something low like 1%?

The missing icon is "OK" because afaik the devs haven't fixed it yet. It works but its showing up like a missing texture right now. Don't worry about that one.

keeping strength like 1% does have no sense... don't you think?? after this  the same project but opened in R17 with the last alpha A6 of corona, works fine and have no problem....

2018-01-15, 12:25:04
Reply #36

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
To be honest I think it depends on your normal map. I have normal maps where 10% means I'll see every splinter bumping out of a wood surface while with some other normal maps I need to up that amount to like 50%.

From my experience whenever I've went to high with the normal map strength I got a similar effect to yours.

edit: Man I am so sorry, I totally misread your post. You are basically asking why there is the missing texture flag there right?

Yeah, nothing to do with you or your C4D. Like I said before, its working as intended and I presume the devs will eventually make it display a proper preview / icon. The fact that it shows it as missing is not a problem.

Initially I thought you were experiencing shading errors that offset your texture / create other shading problems. That said, when I opened your file I did notice that your normal map is too strong and it creates a faceted look on the sphere. You'll probably need to tone that down.
« Last Edit: 2018-01-15, 12:30:00 by nkilar »

2018-01-15, 14:10:45
Reply #37

walterfog

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Initially I thought you were experiencing shading errors that offset your texture / create other shading problems. That said, when I opened your file I did notice that your normal map is too strong and it creates a faceted look on the sphere. You'll probably need to tone that down.

i don't know if that normal create problem or not... i only know that till alpha a6 everything works fine... sphere preview and material results with normal... now i don't know if this material works fine, but like you could see in the preview the faceted sphere let me think that there is something wrong... the normal map it is ok.. work fine on the previous version of corona and also works fine with other render engine....

2018-01-15, 14:55:41
Reply #38

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Well I'm sorry if I am repeating myself but if the only thing that is bothering you is the "missing texture" icon then you can safely ignore it. It works.

For the facets, that happens when you have a really rough / strong normal plugged in so if you hit render in your scene you'll probably see the polygons on that sphere. That is "normal" for Corona and you'll need to adjust the strength value to an earthly value :)

2018-01-15, 18:43:01
Reply #39

walterfog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Well I'm sorry if I am repeating myself but if the only thing that is bothering you is the "missing texture" icon then you can safely ignore it. It works.

For the facets, that happens when you have a really rough / strong normal plugged in so if you hit render in your scene you'll probably see the polygons on that sphere. That is "normal" for Corona and you'll need to adjust the strength value to an earthly value :)

this is due at something changed from alpha a6 and the last rc1 beta 1 ? cause in the last alpha a6 it works fine... same object... same project.. same material... same normal setting... probably in the last RC1 beta 1 normal setup is changed....

2018-01-15, 19:01:36
Reply #40

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
Liquid glass bottle.... liquid object is off (traffic lights) and IR is running with glass bottle and if liquid object on (traffic lights)... C4D quits, I checked this few time and every time same. Please see if anyone else can test this and c4d quits or not....!

Thanks.

Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2018-01-15, 19:16:09
Reply #41

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@ Walterfog

IMHO, your example shows "How Normal Maps should NOT be handled".

If you want stronger bump effect, use the normal texture under Corona Normal shader (as it is meant & clear the mess) then set Strength to 1000% or more (it goes pass 100% but you must input the value manually - type it in).

eg

enjoy

Liquid glass bottle.... liquid object is off (traffic lights) and IR is running with glass bottle and if liquid object on (traffic lights)... C4D quits, I checked this few time and every time same. Please see if anyone else can test this and c4d quits or not....!

Thanks.

Please, stop rumbling & posting all over... rather keep your stuff together, read & learn.
« Last Edit: 2018-01-15, 19:21:45 by burnin »

2018-01-16, 09:04:49
Reply #42

walterfog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@ Walterfog

IMHO, your example shows "How Normal Maps should NOT be handled".

my example show how normal map work correctly till the last alpha A6 of corona... if  now the way to handle normal is changed, then I have to change all material with normal map....

2018-01-16, 10:01:27
Reply #43

Eddoron

• Active Users
  • Achieved Pedestrian
    • View Profile
The normal maps work fine. burnin and he previous posters already said everything.
A while ago, in your thread, we have "found out" that Corona uses DX maps(flip Y), but you refused to accept that things are handled differently.

I'm sorry but I made other test, with other normal map and using your method of swapping red or green or both... the result is similar but the corona normal shader don't work well for me, and the results is not equal to the one gives other engine.... the only way to obtain the exact result is using a leveled material as I posted in my scene, and not changing the normal color... OpenGL or direct X I expect that a map, work fine in any engine render...  that's my opinion...

Your expectations of how things ought to be don't matter nor will things change according to them. Just accept it and advance. Do it properly in the future and spare us and yourself the hassle. If you are too lazy to make a small change to your old materials(in case you even need them), then that's your problem.

2018-01-16, 10:57:06
Reply #44

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile

Hi iacdxb, could we have your scene? What you are describing should not happen, so there must be something with your scene. Thank you for reporting!