Author Topic: Corona Renderer for Cinema 4D Beta 1 Release Candidate  (Read 40882 times)

2018-01-09, 14:34:21
Reply #15

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
the X offset is not updated during a render done in the viewport

2018-01-09, 14:39:22
Reply #16

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Yes, that's what I am telling you - the X offset works, but not exactly. There is some mismatch between the C4D viewport and the render. But if you change the X offset, the image in the render is offset too. It's just offset incorrectly. We will need to tweak this.

2018-01-09, 14:44:32
Reply #17

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
exactly, if you change the X axis it is offset correctly from the final rendering in the VFB while doing a render region does not match.
thanks

2018-01-09, 15:59:22
Reply #18

CBAS VISUAL

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance :
Hi Corona Team,

I tried the last build, but unfortunately the corona proxy are broke. They render white (without texture)

Back to the 27.11.17 build !

Chears. RĂ©mi

2018-01-09, 16:58:33
Reply #19

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes Im getting that two with an old scene now not applying textures to some proxy trees. I'm using the beta 1 release from the end of last month.

2018-01-10, 09:23:56
Reply #20

WorkFlow

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, that's what I am telling you - the X offset works, but not exactly. There is some mismatch between the C4D viewport and the render. But if you change the X offset, the image in the render is offset too. It's just offset incorrectly. We will need to tweak this.

Could that be connected to the bug with the camera projection types?
I reported a bug (ID:0002917) a while ago that when using parallel camera projection and rendering in viewport the results are incorrect (region render and C4D's native interactive render region) but when rendered to Corona VFB or C4D's picture viewer (interactive and final) results are correct.

I also remember someone else reporting some issues with the isometric projection.
Windows 10, Cinema4D R21.207, Corona 6.0

2018-01-10, 11:02:29
Reply #21

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Regarding Team Render, on the Beta 1 release notes it says TR is just about there aside from not being able to stop by noise thresh or time. I fired it up over 4 machines the other day to try it out for a single image and found it was actually slower than using a single machine (set to 12 passes + denoise). All 4 have plenty of RAM and cores to do the job and its using a 1GB network (approx 110mb transfer speed). Granted I just used default TR chunk size in the corona settings but any time advantage was negated by the time it took to feed all the strips of data back in to the main image. The image takes about 1 hr on a 16core threadripper but it was over 1:20 when I finally stopped it with TR waiting for chunks from two nodes. I tested other scenes as well that did finish but took the same on 4 machines as on 1 machine. Perhaps I should tinker with the TR settings but I would have assumed this was a typical situation with a 1GB network. The initial load up took a few more minutes than on the local machine but that was sending assets over and its a largish scene so probably to be expected.

The rendering time stats seem to add up and the time is good when it says its finished rendering - only Im left looking at half an image and its gradually filling in like a scanline render. Any suggestions?

Also as a side note I got the wrong gamma and double LUT application issue after I adjusted the tone mapping after one of the tests had finished rendering. I couldnt get it back to its original state even with the original tone map settings.

(R18.048 + 22nd Dec build).
« Last Edit: 2018-01-10, 11:06:37 by Rhodesy »

2018-01-10, 18:24:51
Reply #22

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Rob,

Thank you for the testing. Some people already reported that rendering using TR is slower than rendering on the local machine, but we are not able to reproduce the problem. I tested it again (big scene, 12 passes, 12000x7200, 3 machines and TR is ~ 3x faster than local rendering. Can you please send me console outputs from all Teamrender clients. Can you please also test whether rendering a lot of passes when 1 pass doesn't take too much time has the same (TR vs local) problem as rendering fewer passes which takes longer time?

Thank you
Nikola

2018-01-10, 20:55:45
Reply #23

Eddoron

• Active Users
  • Achieved Pedestrian
    • View Profile
Just wanted to say that layered materials don't update in the latest beta. They did in the previous version. Would be nice if that could be fixed.

2018-01-11, 10:24:51
Reply #24

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Rob,

Thank you for the testing. Some people already reported that rendering using TR is slower than rendering on the local machine, but we are not able to reproduce the problem. I tested it again (big scene, 12 passes, 12000x7200, 3 machines and TR is ~ 3x faster than local rendering. Can you please send me console outputs from all Teamrender clients. Can you please also test whether rendering a lot of passes when 1 pass doesn't take too much time has the same (TR vs local) problem as rendering fewer passes which takes longer time?

Thank you
Nikola

Thanks Nikola. I will when I get a bit of time to test it hopefully later. In terms of the size the final image size was only 5K but the scene from memory is approx 2GB with assets and then the textures on top of that. So the warm up time was about 5-6 mins from memory which is fine if the rendering is quick. The time it reported to get through the number of passes was quick. The problem came with showing the output in the PV/VFB. When it said it finished rendering it only showed half the image and then to get all the chunks from the nodes to finish the image it lost any time it gained from the rendering. So in summary if the PV info is correct - the load time is probably as expected, the rendering is fast but the gathering of the chunks is really slow. As said I havent adjusted the corona TR chunk size settings. TRs own speed test is reporting 110mbs for each node so it should be able to shift over all the info. Certainly one scene had several multipass elements which might effect it?

2018-01-12, 19:57:08
Reply #25

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
- "Interactive rendering" can not zoom out to see full view, only in render...!
- Image set to Corona Bitmap... turns to black...?
- In Reflection, texture in glossiness with color mix shader, Interactive rendering shows full strength of texture even texture Mix Strength to 10% but in render its fine.
« Last Edit: 2018-01-13, 09:40:05 by iacdxb »
Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2018-01-13, 12:07:53
Reply #26

walterfog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
just try the bloom and glare under studio r19 OS X Yosemite... during rendering under corona VFB a strange blink appear during setting up the bloom and glare values... and generally VFB don't work well when setting up the value... just take a look at this video I quickly made with phone just to see you what happen...

link to wetransfer:

https://we.tl/RdbR8H2zE4

2018-01-14, 14:34:14
Reply #27

walterfog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
the include/exclude object option for lights I think don't work at all... cinema 4d r19 studio and OS X yosemite.....

2018-01-14, 14:39:25
Reply #28

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
the include/exclude object option for lights I think don't work at all... cinema 4d r19 studio and OS X yosemite.....

In R18, OS X... its working.
Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2018-01-14, 16:44:02
Reply #29

Eddoron

• Active Users
  • Achieved Pedestrian
    • View Profile
Works also on R19(win).
Is it something specific like reflection that you're having problems with?
Also when the scene is complex with multiple lights, the bounced light still hits the excluded object and it might look as if nothing changed.