Author Topic: Denoising  (Read 1832 times)

2016-09-07, 10:01:43

Dexyd

• Active Users
  • Don't be a thief of your own life....
    • View Profile
    • Dexyd
First of all, I love this feature. But I've got a small question.
Is it possible to turn off denoising on certain objects? I do aereal perspectives and the denoiser tends to smoothen my asphalt roads in too silk :p
I know I can save a normal render and a denoised one and use a mask. But I was just curious if there is a more automated way. (specially when batchrendering)

2016-09-07, 10:11:23
Reply #1

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
First of all, I love this feature. But I've got a small question.
Is it possible to turn off denoising on certain objects? I do aereal perspectives and the denoiser tends to smoothen my asphalt roads in too silk :p
I know I can save a normal render and a denoised one and use a mask. But I was just curious if there is a more automated way. (specially when batchrendering)
Currently not. I doubt it will be developed, as the VFB is already filled to the brim with features. You can obviously make a proper feature request and the devs will consider it.

I recommend a Photoshop Action script / droplet. I have done tons of fun programming work, which I cheated through with calling Action scripts in Photoshop :D
Although it is an extra step, it might automate the "anti denoising".
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )

2016-09-07, 10:31:39
Reply #2

Dexyd

• Active Users
  • Don't be a thief of your own life....
    • View Profile
    • Dexyd
Yeah well, it aint that big of a problem. So not really a need for a real feature request .