Author Topic: BatchCam Render with Corona 7 (hotfix1) and Max22  (Read 1479 times)

2022-06-23, 10:45:28

Otuama

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all.  Has anyone noticed this issue?

BatchCam hangs between most renders.  Which kind of defeats the point.    I've noticed this on 3 systems.

I have to move a window to wake it up.

The video shows me doing this..... but then when I looked up it had hung again when parsing scene.

Moving the box again then started the render

This has only started since moving to Max 22 (from 19).  'Updating' our systems hasn't gone as well as I hoped.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

2022-06-23, 11:30:26
Reply #1

NicolasC

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
  • CG supervisor / teacher / artist
    • View Profile
Hello,

Long time since I last used Batch Cam Render ... is it still developed ? I think you should take a serious look at Pulze Scene Manager ;)
Nicolas Caplat
CG supervisor / teacher / artist

2022-06-23, 11:35:48
Reply #2

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

Can you please archive and send over the scene? We are aware of this issue, but we haven't been able to reproduce it here in the office.

Instructions on how to do this are in my signature.

Could you also tell me the specification of your systems?

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2022-06-23, 13:42:13
Reply #3

Otuama

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi.

I've emailed Pulze with some questions.  I've been looking at the render manager for ages.  We currently use Renderpal but it's time to move on from it.

I've also asked about the scene manager.

What are your thoughts on it?  I assume since you suggested it, it's good.  Have you also used the render manager?

------

Rowmanns:

Here's a screenshot of my spec but it's also happening on other systems

I've made a couple of posts on the Corona & Max forum.  We've recently 'updated' and we're having a number of issues since doing so.

I can send a scene later if it'll help.  It does have a Phoenix hot tub in there.  Shall I include that & 1 frame of the cache?

I haven't had it turned on with some shots I had issues with rendering though

2022-06-23, 16:28:00
Reply #4

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Rowmanns:

I've made a couple of posts on the Corona & Max forum.  We've recently 'updated' and we're having a number of issues since doing so.

I can send a scene later if it'll help.  It does have a Phoenix hot tub in there.  Shall I include that & 1 frame of the cache?

I haven't had it turned on with some shots I had issues with rendering though

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me, if it happens without the Phoenix cache then you don't have to send that too.

Please make sure to include any textures with the scene too.

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2022-06-23, 20:50:15
Reply #5

Otuama

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Rowan,

I've sent the project.  The name of the ticket is: Issue when using Batchcam

The project is still uploading but should be done by the time you see anything.  Says it has 5 mins left

Thanks

2022-06-24, 09:04:08
Reply #6

NicolasC

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
  • CG supervisor / teacher / artist
    • View Profile
I've emailed Pulze with some questions.  I've been looking at the render manager for ages.  We currently use Renderpal but it's time to move on from it.

I've also asked about the scene manager.

What are your thoughts on it?  I assume since you suggested it, it's good.  Have you also used the render manager?

Hello :)

I'm big fan of Pulze products. I've used Scene Manager and Render Manager for several years now, being also in the beta program. Both are amazing products ... features and stability are really great. On top of that, the team is really available to help if you have problems and very reactive, it's really appreciable. Finally, both products are actively developed and updated. So, in a nutshell, I don't see any good reason in 2022 not to use Pulze products ;)

Enjoy !

Regards.
Nicolas Caplat
CG supervisor / teacher / artist

2022-06-26, 13:28:43
Reply #7

Otuama

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I just checked on 2 different animation render jobs that 'should' have been rendering over the weekend.

4 systems were were stuck on the 1st or 2nd frame. These were rendering using our render manager.  We haven't moved to Pulze yet but I have the feeling that's not going to help.

I was rendering frames of another job on my system overnight so I can see how they looked and it also happened.

On all occasions, moving the window woke them up.

Very frustrating!  Do I have to do this for each of the 5000 frames ? :(

It seems purely random because it's been behaving the last couple of days

------------------

P.S.   - THIS THREAD SHOULD'N'T BE BLAMING BATCHCAM OR A RENDER MANAGER.  I've seen another thread with this issue so it is a known problem.  I can see why it's a hard one to solve because it's randomly happening with us.  So, is this Corona, max or both
« Last Edit: 2022-06-26, 15:24:45 by Otuama »

2022-06-27, 10:51:17
Reply #8

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
This is logged as support ticket #44235 and our team will investigate.

Please note that "render freezing unless VFB is moved" is a known issue (thankfully not common) but we have not been able to reproduce it so far, and we do not know what exactly is causing it.

It seems to be somehow related to remote desktop software (e.g. Team Viewer), which does not have to be running, only installed. It may be also related to the system power management, but this is not confirmed, just a guess.

The support team will soon reply to you in your ticket with some questions / troubleshooting ideas.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us