Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Resolved Bugs

CoronaSkinMTL and SSS shading error

(1/2) > >>

plopalou:
Hi,

CoronaSkinMtl produces weird artifacts when you render geometry, Hair&Fur and lights that produce strong back scatter effects. The hair object needs to be close to the object that uses CoronaSkinMTL. This usually happens in the ears of human characters. I have not found any workarounds to avoid the bug.

Example file rendered with digital Emily model and standard 3dsmax hair and fur object.

I'm using 3dsmax 2017 Corona 6 hotfix 1.

Thanks!

maru:
Is this happening only in IR or also in production rendering?
Could you send a simple scene demonstrating this? (like hair growing on a teapot or similar)

plopalou:
It happens both IR and production rendering. Also the shading error occurs when u enable SSS from CoronaMtl. I attached the example scene.

maru:
Thank you! I will check it.

maru:
I am happy to confirm that I was able to reproduce the issue in Corona 6, and unable to reproduce it in the 21.04 V7 daily build. This most likely means that the issue is fixed.
If you are interested in checking this yourself, you can grab a daily build here: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000570015-corona-renderer-for-3ds-max-daily-builds

Unfortunately I am unable to provide any workaround or solution to this for Corona 6.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version