Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Daily Builds

Crash using the AO map as a mask for a layered material.

(1/3) > >>

JoeS:
Not sure what this is but I have a basic layered material setup. I am using the AO map as a mask for a layered material and during rendering I get a complete max crash back to desktop. I can use the interactive render fine no crashes but when I do a final render it crashes during the rendering process. I tested the scene with a basic metal material works fine renders to the end and when I use an AO map as a diffuse renders fine. I also remerged my assets into a new scene still crashes. I updated my corona 7 daily build same crash. My system is only using 18gig of ram during the rendering stage.

My system is a threadripper 3990x, 128ram, win10, 1080ti gpu, Max 2020, corona-7-3dsmax-daily-2021-03-22

Update " Remade the material using the legacy shader worked fine" Must be a bug with the new physical shader.

rowmanns:
Hi,

Can you either share this material or a screenshot of the material setup please?

Cheers,

Rowan

JoeS:

--- Quote from: rowmanns on 2021-03-30, 13:10:15 ---Hi,

Can you either share this material or a screenshot of the material setup please?

Cheers,

Rowan

--- End quote ---

I attached a snap of the material after reverting back to the legacy material.

JoeS:
After working on new projects looks like any layered material with the new Physical material crashes max to desktop during rendering.

GeorgeK:

--- Quote from: JoeS on 2021-04-14, 11:59:07 ---After working on new projects looks like any layered material with the new Physical material crashes max to desktop during rendering.

--- End quote ---

Is it possible for you to share a 3dsmax minidump with us? Also which version of Corona Renderer DB you are currently using?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version