Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Resolved Bugs

Adaptive Light Solver Issues

<< < (2/4) > >>

dj_buckley:
Scene will be uploaded in about 20 minutes, it's called 'BEDROOM_ALS'  i've provided all of the assets and it you should just be able to press render, light solver currently switched off.  The scene is confidential so please don't post images here.

agentdark45:

--- Quote from: rowmanns on 2020-11-11, 08:57:13 ---Hi,

We have a few reports of this already. Unfortunately it is not a simple fix, I will report it to our dev team and I will let you know when I have some more information.

Is it possible for you to send over your scene for testing purposes?

Thanks,

Rowan

--- End quote ---

Hey, while you guys are looking at this, could you possibly look into the environment overrides at the same time? As this seems to be one of the underlying issues at play here.

Currently when overriding the reflection/refraction environment with an HDRI, mad amounts of fireflies/glints start appearing, therefore making overrides essentially non-usable - and I'd argue this is a pretty common render engine feature to still have broken after all this time. Clamping the HDRI does somewhat fix the fireflies, but this completely destroys the dynamic range of the HDRI (therefore unusable).

Frood:

--- Quote from: agentdark45 on 2020-11-11, 15:13:43 ---Currently

--- End quote ---

No. Since ever.

And ...hmm let me see... yes: it's number 4 on my annoying-facts-about-Corona list. But that one is short compared to the praising-facts-about-Corona list :)

Good Luck

dj_buckley:
Keen to hear you 'annoyances' list Frood.  Hopefully it's stuff I've already encountered and not more I'm likely to encounter

Frood:
Here you are. I got a new number one since V6. To be fair, I left the fixed issues in the list:

* DR enable/disable not supported during rendering in Corona v6+ any more. Nor by script or interactively
* 2.5d displacement prolonged edge artifacts and other weirdness (direction, frayed edges without apparent reason)
* Render region (native 3dsMax) GI calculation hang and crashes
* Excessive noise with scene overrides (reflection/refraction)
* Wrong data in Maxscript events (Mantis id=3012 / Internal ID 454895349)
* Discreet handling of opacity in masks/REs even though refraction and reflection was implemented
* VFB pick feature with animated camera + autokey + override distance not working correctly if at all
* DONE - Denoise "rest" LS-Element missing
* IR restarts when having Corona cam referenced in FP objects / general FP issues causing FPP to permanently rebuild its items (like when hovering above the bounding box in a viewport)
* No blending of MS-materials supported (mix material/blend material/layered material)
* CoronaColorCorrect, unexpected result (at least for me) using "saturation" or "contrast"
* DONE - DR: Loading loops/unstable/need of restart
* DONE - Glass Material override exclusion does not work inside MS-Materials
* Keyed corona camera clipping disregarded rendering a sequence (Ticket #14636)
* Keyed corona camera shifts broken (Internal ID=565282422)
* Keyed corona camera projection broken (Ticket #181819)
* Size mismatch in render history. RMB -> "scale to" or similar option to resize VFB needed
* Viewport IR changes to Corona logo when stopped. Unable to look at last render while continuing with work
* Shadow catcher improvements (shadows on shadow catcher objects by shadow catcher objects e.g.) = Real matte material needed sooner or later
* CoronaWire does not work as expected (size of wires changes when approaching vertices)
* DR slave list weirdness and lower/uppercase issues when defined slaves are started/join after render start
* MOVEMENT HERE - Issues with distance map
* RTT via BB or DR does not work -> barely usable for larger projects
* Fuzzy regions do not work as expected, do not blend correctly (unusable)
* CoronaBitmap IFL support and general CBitmap issues (keying/ram usage using network based libraries) CBitmap is banned here since it exists for various reasons
* SOLVED - CoronaBitmap bad viewport representation (uses procedural map settings)

The order is just a individual one, all issues surfaced at daily work, no explicit bug hunting :)

Good Luck

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version