Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Feature Requests

Improved support of max colour management

<< < (2/4) > >>

RecentSpacesSam:
Hi Aram,

My apologies for not uploading the OCIO file - I'd changed machines my last message so couldn't find it. I believe it was the one I've attached to this post, downloaded from https://github.com/sobotka/AgX/blob/main/config.ocio.

RecentSpacesSam:

--- Quote from: Aram Avetisyan on 2024-02-26, 09:01:45 ---Update:

AgX config files were loaded into custom OCIO workflow of 3ds Max Color management, and everything worked fine - meaning it got loaded and recognized.
The main issue here still remains that Frame buffer view transform is not supported (AgX is a view transform) yet by Corona in OCIO workflow.
After frame buffer view transform implementation, which will mostly complete 3ds Max Color management support for Corona, this can be retested.

--- End quote ---

We're looking forward to seeing this implemented. Recently we have been using piotrus3333's LUTs setup to achieve this and have been getting great results, but it would be nice to have it as a "set and forget" option for the rest of the team.

piotrus3333:

--- Quote from: RecentSpacesSam on 2024-02-26, 09:32:04 ---
We're looking forward to seeing this implemented. Recently we have been using piotrus3333's LUTs setup to achieve this and have been getting great results, but it would be nice to have it as a "set and forget" option for the rest of the team.

--- End quote ---

If you like the feel of AgX please consider checking this:
https://github.com/sobotka/AgX-Resolve
this is THE AgX by Sobotka. ocio version is the simplified one. you should be able to create better luts from this. it's based on arrilogC3 encoding so I guess as a bonus (if porting to Corona) you get an easy access to all the arri's looks library.

RecentSpacesSam:
Sorry for the slow reply piotrus3333!

I must admit I'm not very knowledgeable on the process of creating LUTs from resolve.
Would it be a case of using Resolve's CST's to go from linear to AgX and exporting that as a LUT?

I'd definitely like to explore this more - we've been using your AgX LUT pack for a while now and have been getting some great results.

piotrus3333:

--- Quote from: RecentSpacesSam on 2024-04-09, 10:17:38 ---Sorry for the slow reply piotrus3333!

I must admit I'm not very knowledgeable on the process of creating LUTs from resolve.
Would it be a case of using Resolve's CST's to go from linear to AgX and exporting that as a LUT?

I'd definitely like to explore this more - we've been using your AgX LUT pack for a while now and have been getting some great results.

--- End quote ---

Try the DCTL version of AgX first (link above). I consider it much better but this is all quite subjective. Note: DCTLs only work with Resolve Studio.

This particular DCTL only accepts Arri Wide Gamut 3 with LogC3 encoding as input - there is full drop down menu with other inputs but only this one combination works.
So your raw render from Corona would need CST from srgb linear to awg3 logC3 + AgX DCTL.
AgX DCTL will take you much farther than AgX Base (from my luts) to final look but you should still grade to taste (in LogC3, before DCTL).

Use LUT Cube Analyzer node in Fusion for lut creation.

I'm attaching a crude example (works through CineonLog - Logarythmic in Corona LUT layer so clips the highlight at 13.52 float, should be ok for typical archviz scene)
(lut needs string option, essential for Corona to turn off all the gamma shenanigans in frame buffer: float colormap.additionalGamma = -1.2)

edit: this lut takes raw render from Corona, transforms it through AgX Resolve picture formation as the author calls it to display it on srgb display adding one of Arri's looks.

I hope this is somewhat helpful.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version