Author Topic: PARSING SCENE: What can I do to avoid it?  (Read 6689 times)

2018-08-28, 22:37:02

Alex Abarca

• Active Users
  • Corona Certified Instructor
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
First off I have 128gb of RAM, so RAM is not the issue.

In the animation of frames "Parsing scene" can significantly reduce your render performance. Is there anyway to avoid this??

The scene is somewhat large but not that heavy. I have some forestpack, corona proxy and most materials are simple JPG's, displacement is disabled.

Sorry I can show a picture because, its for an architectural competition.

2018-08-28, 22:43:56
Reply #1

iancamarillo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
as a test, if you assign everything 1 material, does it parse faster? maybe try assigning a default corona material to groups (people, trees, etc.) to pinpoint the slowdown?

2018-08-29, 13:42:23
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
You can't avoid parsing completely. :) It's always there, just in simple scenes it will be super fast.

The scene is somewhat large but not that heavy. I have some forestpack, corona proxy and most materials are simple JPG's, displacement is disabled.
I would suggest to disable all those things one by one to find the culprit.
You can also try enabling "keep in ram" option for proxies - it will basically keep the geometry in RAM even after the rendering is done, so it won't have to be re-loaded each time rendering is restarted.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-08-29, 18:07:54
Reply #3

Alex Abarca

• Active Users
  • Corona Certified Instructor
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Interesting...I have all my library objects set to keep off ram, from back when I was on 64gb RAM cpu (the struggle was real). With the 128gb RAM, i suppose I can keep them in RAM. Ill give it a try.

Thank you

2018-09-04, 13:12:42
Reply #4

ac1867

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Could it be network speeds? Gathering all the assets can take some time if the network or the disk it's getting them from is slow?

2018-09-10, 12:43:22
Reply #5

Livherra

• Users
    • View Profile
    • Heheparty
I'm virtually having the same problem, and the with 2 similar SSD brands as well for HD reference.

2018-09-10, 15:14:27
Reply #6

3dboomerang

• Active Users
  • Head of 3D
    • View Profile
    • 3DFLOW
If you are using forest pack pro, can I also point out that using "edge" mode in the area parameters is definitely one of those things you don't want to be using. Transforming vertices and parsing scene will take ages.

2018-09-10, 17:53:06
Reply #7

iancamarillo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If you are using forest pack pro, can I also point out that using "edge" mode in the area parameters is definitely one of those things you don't want to be using. Transforming vertices and parsing scene will take ages.
Interesting. Good to know. thx