Author Topic: DR node reporting version incorrectly  (Read 3734 times)

2017-04-25, 13:33:45

adamadam

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, have just installed 1.6 on render nodes and desktop. First DR render went OK, but re-render says that there is a version mismatch (slave version: unknown (pre 1.3), master version:1.6)

I restarted the nodes (was difficult to get DR to close) and now rendering OK.

Using Max 2015 as master and the nodes have both Max 2013 and 2015.

2017-04-27, 18:31:44
Reply #1

adamadam

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Any idea about this?

All the render nodes have 1.6, but we are using two different versions of Max on each node as we have some copies of 2013 that we are using here (screw maintenance!)

Is it anything to do with the light stripes I am getting on my images?

Image attached.

2017-05-02, 09:27:34
Reply #2

Sollo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Solo Visuals
I'm having the same problem. I just installed corona 1.6 on all nodes (clean installation without any previous corona versions on these nodes) and DR gives me uneven light stripes and the same message: "Corona version mismatch. Slave version: Unknown (pre 1.3), Master version: 1.6"

2017-05-02, 10:13:23
Reply #3

sevecek

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm having the same problem. I just installed corona 1.6 on all nodes (clean installation without any previous corona versions on these nodes) and DR gives me uneven light stripes and the same message: "Corona version mismatch. Slave version: Unknown (pre 1.3), Master version: 1.6"

Do you also have different versions of 3ds Max on your nodes?

2017-05-02, 10:19:46
Reply #4

Sollo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Solo Visuals

Do you also have different versions of 3ds Max on your nodes?

Max version (2016) and all 3rd party plugins are the same on workstation and slave nodes

Forgot to mention that I have 1.6 Demo version installed on workstation and slave nodes. May it be the case of some Demo version limitations?

2017-05-03, 03:30:14
Reply #5

Sollo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Solo Visuals
I've tested DR again with other slave nodes with freshly installed Corona 1.6 and didn't get the message about "Corona version mismatch" but still have bright stripes from slaves (especially on metal materials like stainless steel). So it seems that it using older non-PBR material algorithm on the nodes.

2017-05-03, 07:05:05
Reply #6

Sollo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Solo Visuals
I think I've found what caused this problem. This was an issue with 2 maps which were installed with sigershaders but were missing in our network plugins folder. These maps have been used in siger materials (predominantly metals) and that caused this brightness difference between nodes which have access to these maps and nodes which haven't.

The message "Corona version mismatch. Slave version: Unknown (pre 1.3), Master version: 1.6" was a bit misleading since it wasn't an issue with Corona but with 3rd party maps.

Just as a suggestion: it would be helpful if in the future Corona updated there will be a different kind of message for this sort of issues with some maps or plugins missing. In that case, it would be easier to trace the origin of a problem.

Thank you and sorry for false alarm :)
« Last Edit: 2017-05-03, 07:53:59 by Sollo »

2017-05-09, 21:03:34
Reply #7

adamadam

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm still getting the message but it's not constant. I don't think it's a material thing here.