Author Topic: Golf Villa - Dubai  (Read 1814 times)

2021-04-16, 17:22:56

bulyfabi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • 128hi Studio
Hi,

Since traveling is a big no-no the past year I had a blast imagining myself on the sunny side of the globe. For my latest project I had to create a batch of interior images located next to a golf court in Dubai. Of course I blasted them with as much sun as possible :)

project on Behance: https://www.behance.net/gallery/117327233/Jumeriah-Golf-Villa

2021-04-19, 08:45:32
Reply #1

wilbertvandenbroek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Awesome renders, and great in detail and composition of your scene. How did you light most of the scenes?

2021-04-19, 10:16:29
Reply #2

bulyfabi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • 128hi Studio
Thanks! For the daylight interiors it's a bit more cloudy HDRI for even lighting + Corona Sun for flexible control for the sun intensity & direction. Outside is a plain clear sky HDRI and so is the sunset image, it's a simple dusk HDRI with corona lights inside

2021-04-19, 10:56:25
Reply #3

wilbertvandenbroek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Cool, thanks for sharing, what's your favorite source for good hdri's?

2021-04-20, 10:37:02
Reply #4

bulyfabi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • 128hi Studio
I think the ones I used here are from 3DCollective, but I like Maground and Peter Gutherie (classics) or you can grab few good ones for interior from Viz.Guru's (Johannes Lindqvist) Patreon

2021-04-21, 11:15:33
Reply #5

wilbertvandenbroek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks, I know some of them but others are new which is nice.

2021-04-21, 15:51:17
Reply #6

Mark00us

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Really nice project here, well done!

Could you show what settings used for it. Trying to make my render as crisp as this, Thanks.

2021-04-21, 17:50:12
Reply #7

bulyfabi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • 128hi Studio
I use default settings all the time but I think sharpness can come from a few elements combined. Try to use good high res/ quality textures especially on the main elements of your render (I usually set the bitmap filter to 0,1) and render at least a 3k 4k image. For noise level I usually target 3% but 4% can already look good in some cases. If it's done right you should be able to avoid sharpening in VBF or postproduction completely... but bit of contrast or clarity can also help. Hope these help :)

2021-04-22, 12:57:38
Reply #8

Mark00us

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I use default settings all the time but I think sharpness can come from a few elements combined. Try to use good high res/ quality textures especially on the main elements of your render (I usually set the bitmap filter to 0,1) and render at least a 3k 4k image. For noise level I usually target 3% but 4% can already look good in some cases. If it's done right you should be able to avoid sharpening in VBF or postproduction completely... but bit of contrast or clarity can also help. Hope these help :)

That's great, I will have a test around with this on the render I'm working on now, Thanks a lot for the help!