Author Topic: Viewport lagging when coordinate display updates - solved  (Read 2674 times)

2021-03-22, 20:21:33

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi

I have had some problems with viewport performance/lagging in Max 2016, 2019 and now have the same kind of problems with Max 2021. Run Max as administrator helped with Max 2016 and 2019 (posted here about it some time ago), but not always help to make performance better with Max 2021. Recently visited 3ds Max forum and found this post, where author is describing the same issue I had/have, but unlike me he noticed connection between viewport lagging and cursor position in coordinate display.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-max-forum/viewport-lagging-when-coordinate-display-updates/td-p/8971945

Problem in my case is connected with mouse settings, solution from that thread helped me. So if you have the same kind of issue it could be helpful for you too.

2021-03-23, 15:57:36
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Problem in my case is connected with mouse settings, solution from that thread helped me. So if you have the same kind of issue it could be helpful for you too.

Can you share the solution that worked for you? I quickly checked the Autodesk forum thread and could see at least two different solutions. :)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2021-03-23, 21:43:27
Reply #2

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Can you share the solution that worked for you? I quickly checked the Autodesk forum thread and could see at least two different solutions. :)

Sure
Solution 1 - disabling Status XYZ

Code: [Select]
macroScript DisableStatusXYZ
category:"DragAndDrop"
toolTip:""
(
toolmode.commandmode = #select
disableStatusXYZ()
)

This script works, but it disables Status display only until some transformation mode get active, so it needs to be used constantly during the working process.

Solution 2 - change mouse settings
If you are using gaming mouse you have to change your polling rate 1000hz to 125hz.

Solution 2 works fine for me

2021-03-23, 22:18:42
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Solution 3 - buy normal mouse :]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2021-03-23, 23:02:18
Reply #4

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Solution 3 - buy normal mouse :]

:) Yes. I'm going to do that. You see, my palm is pretty wide and my fingers are pretty long (I'm pretty big guy), so I need some big mouse... maybe even rat :P And that was most critical point when I was choosing my mouse. Who could know that it will affect Max's viewport performance?

Any suggestions about mouse model?
At the moment I use Razer Deathadder Elite and it's quite comfortable for me, but bigger mouse would be even better
« Last Edit: 2021-03-23, 23:06:18 by Bormax »