Author Topic: displacement is quite good  (Read 2666 times)

2016-05-12, 11:09:32

Fritzlachatte

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys,

I was playing around with some Forest Pack and displacement solutions, getting a typical alpine rock wall. I started with scattered rocks, but that was somehow too antiseptic. Yesterday I had seen the 30 days trial offer from Poliigon with real great 6K, 8K, whatever K HQ textures. Many of them are very good in their details. The displacement textures are not so good, I had to do that from scratch, but maybe sombody finds handy stuff, he was searching for. I didnĀ“t know the website before...

btw. I think iToo made a little better job with FP5.0.5 in combination with Corona, the flowers are a littlebit dull, but the grass is out of the box:-)

2016-05-15, 22:13:46
Reply #1

mikenz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Nice work, isn't poliigon a great resource? I also have a problem with the displacement. It seems some other renderers use 50% grey as their '0' point where it seems corona uses black as it's '0' point? I could be wrong but it would mean having to adjust the displacement maps for each different texture

2016-05-16, 13:23:50
Reply #2

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Poliigon looks interesting, friend sent it to me and might be worth trying.

But I can really see they have very little idea about "correct" PBR (what is that ? some Blender convention? )and all those generated maps seems kind of wrong...

I wish Megascans would finally come :- (
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!