Author Topic: Corona C4D Test & Scripts  (Read 5713 times)

2014-09-06, 21:29:09

nehale

• Active Users
    • View Profile
After working with 3ds Max for so long there are some things I missed about C4D, I'm sooooo happy Corona finally came to C4D
after playing a bit with it I see there are still quite a lot missing to make it work like the max version but anyways decided to see how I can make the best of it
this is a very basic scene because I'm a bit rusty in C4D

EXPOSURE:
Jumping in I saw there is no way to change exposure real time like in max so I managed to come up with a small workaround for that,

MATERIALS:
the other problem was with setting up materials, going every time in the menu just took too long for me,
I'm in no way a coder so I asked my buddy Josef Bsharah (http://www.josefbsharah.net/) how he created his VrayC4D material script for different types of VrayC4D materials
so based on his concept I crated something similar for Corona C4D

Workflow/Icons:
Lastly I created a render engine switcher to Corona Render and made some more scripts with my own icons for the basic Corona Camera,Light & Sky
Im OCD about pushing buttons with no icons

ENJOY and let me know what you guys think.
I had a girlfriend once.....her name was Vray

2014-09-07, 02:18:07
Reply #1

Marvey

• Active Users
    • View Profile
that is really nice and very usefulll specialy the "expore script", anyway i installeds your scripts but i dont find the scripts for the exposure, did you miss them in the pack? that feature is amazing, like you said max got the real time exposure we dont have it yet, so this script will help alot, if you can give more info about how to activate the exposure script or if you miss them, update us! thank you

2014-09-07, 03:10:42
Reply #2

nehale

• Active Users
    • View Profile
OH sorry forgot to explain, that's basically the parameter from the settings that I added to the HUD see attached

Edit:

Ctrl+Drag to move it around

2014-09-07, 15:50:41
Reply #3

Marvey

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Cool very nice, got it working, just a question, the only way to use it is with the "interactive render region" right? and when we change the HUD value the render restart right? still not real time like the real function in max since when we change one value the render restart correct? or am i doing something wrong? well it is nice anyway already helps a bit, we still need to wait to be able to change the value in real time without the render restart, like in the max version and if possible in the picture view will be nicer! thanks for your tools.

2014-09-07, 16:50:01
Reply #4

pdavis

• Users
    • View Profile
thanks! nehale

2014-09-07, 18:27:00
Reply #5

nehale

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Cool very nice, got it working, just a question, the only way to use it is with the "interactive render region" right? and when we change the HUD value the render restart right? still not real time like the real function in max since when we change one value the render restart correct? or am i doing something wrong? well it is nice anyway already helps a bit, we still need to wait to be able to change the value in real time without the render restart, like in the max version and if possible in the picture view will be nicer! thanks for your tools.

Yes your right its not a true realtime feature but its the best work around i could think of at the time, some tips for IRR are use PT+PT with low samples or even bucket mode so you dont to wait for the previz of HD Cache
and IRR works best on light scenes, heavy scenes will not work well, there will be too much lag

2014-09-08, 02:17:44
Reply #6

Marvey

• Active Users
    • View Profile
thanks for the tips!

2014-09-14, 05:23:44
Reply #7

relox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi nehale thanks for this script i managed to find corona material, i didnt know where is it at first, im a really beginner to c4d , i want to ask u if i can use this script on c4d demo?, and a rookie question, how can i see in the viewport a bump image it only display the diffuse, but not the bump image, i wil appreciate your anwser, cheers.