Author Topic: Tiles playground  (Read 10288 times)

2023-11-28, 20:17:35
Reply #60

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Yes, I just wanted to point out, that you can get something similiar like using your combined gradient ramp approach by using the CoronaTile map itself more easily. Still it suffers from the corner edges (as blended gradient ramp in box mode does) but it is not distorted by scaling. And the maps have to be wired to be able to change one and get the proper gradient automatically - not convenient but works.

Ah, i see. I guess i'm too spoiled by convenience of multiple inputs, the idea to use several separate tile maps didn't even cross my mind. Thanks!
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2023-11-30, 20:46:51
Reply #61

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
Hello!
I just played a bit with CornaTile and I have a few things to mention that I believe some adjustment/fixing

1. When adding a gap distortion map, it will only react to the original mapping of the CoronaTileMap and, for some reason, ignore mapping channels.
So you can't add an independent distortion map to your grout.

2. Corner Radius should also have a "Chamfer" option to create sharp cuts \ / I think a curve would be best here.
- If the Chamfer is big enough it would be neat to introduce a third color with the ability to add the rhombus tile.

Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2023-12-01, 04:57:53
Reply #62

slider17

• Active Users
    • View Profile
nevermind. solved.
« Last Edit: 2023-12-01, 11:03:15 by slider17 »

2023-12-01, 10:07:38
Reply #63

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi

Is it possible to create this tile effect using the new CoronaTileMap feature?

See image below.

Hi,

Yes, it is absolutely possible and should not take much effort for get it.
It will be good to understand if the tiles are indented or out-dented, it is not quite clear from the image.
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us

2023-12-01, 12:13:10
Reply #64

n2graf

• Active Users
    • View Profile
No man, its not possible with only one tilemap. You need two tilemaps, the econd one is to overlay the blur. And It does not work correctly in the blur corners, it makes straight lines

2023-12-07, 11:14:35
Reply #65

JG_monomiru

• Active Users
  • JG
    • View Profile
    • www.gehrcken.de
Personally I preffer to use BerconTiles but this new map its something that needed to be done, this first take its really good, I think that there are some tools that are missing that could help:
-Random Gap W & H size
-Random texture rotation
-Flip texture H & V
-Different shapes for Gap Blur

What I dont understand its, since the first time I tried Corona in v4, BerconTiles seemed to be incompatible (at least this is what the VFB says), but the ressults doesnt seem to be failing, could someone elaborate on this?

So far as i understand and tested it, you can put a corona mapping randomization between c_multimap and C_tilemap to tweak the random rotation etc... probably flipping would be nice. flipping wouuld work too with negative to positive scale in c_mappingrandomization

2023-12-07, 11:45:59
Reply #66

JG_monomiru

• Active Users
  • JG
    • View Profile
    • www.gehrcken.de
Just a minor thing - I just noticed when playing with tiles and having interactive rendering running.
When altering the camera during running IR the displacement values are not updated outside the previous viewable area. Just when you alter some values somewhere in the material, or start IR all over that the new viewable areas get updated.

Is it a technical reason with displacement calculation in IR?

2023-12-07, 12:02:35
Reply #67

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH

Displacement would have to be calculated at every viewport change, the "I" from IR would be lost :) But you can use this one:

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=36556.0

It basically does something similar like changing some material as you mentioned and updates displacement without reparsing the scene while limiting itself to materials with enabled displacement.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2023-12-07, 12:05:02
Reply #68

JG_monomiru

• Active Users
  • JG
    • View Profile
    • www.gehrcken.de

Displacement would have to be calculated at every viewport change, the "I" from IR would be lost :) But you can use this one:

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=36556.0

It basically does something similar like changing some material as you mentioned and updates displacement without reparsing the scene while limiting itself to materials with enabled displacement.

Good Luck

Thnaks... i figured it might been a technical reasons behind it.

2023-12-12, 10:58:33
Reply #69

JoeS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Shade Digital
I just tested out this feature. I always use substance designer for this type of work. It's ok for really basic stuff. But for more control of the height map details, diffuse work etc and speed, substance all day. Also would be good to be able to convert the height map to a normal map so you can add fine details to keep the displacement light. Attached are some basic tests.

Would be great if the corona team spent some more time on the cloud system.

Cheers

2023-12-14, 23:25:11
Reply #70

leo_surrealismo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Probably my last exercise with Corona tiles. Love this tool. Last image is source texture that was used for the tiles.
how do you calculate de randomization, each tiles has different part of the texture?  it blends perfectly!

2023-12-15, 00:21:25
Reply #71

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
It doesn't blend perfectly. If you look closely at close-up image, you can see that there's visible seams in the mortar. Especially visible in the upper right corner, where bricks has distinctly different colour.

2023-12-20, 12:14:33
Reply #72

BSimon

• Active Users
  • IG: @szymon.bochenek.studio
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio on Instagram
Hi!
Thats very simple setup and I would like to archive steel patterns with convex lines in "gaps"
How to archive smooth displacement in gaps in this case?
I`ve tried also with Subdividion Quality in CoronaDisplacementModidier but it is only a bit better.
« Last Edit: 2023-12-20, 12:23:49 by BSimon »
My portfolio on Instagram:
@szymon.bochenek.studio

2023-12-20, 12:31:50
Reply #73

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Try to introduce small amount of gap blur - should help with displacement quality significantly.

2023-12-20, 12:33:28
Reply #74

BSimon

• Active Users
  • IG: @szymon.bochenek.studio
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio on Instagram
OK thanks!
I found out that proper Subdividion Quality in CoronaDisplacementModidier settings  can improve this a lot too.
By the way I use MultiMap for reflection differences between tiles. It works great!
My portfolio on Instagram:
@szymon.bochenek.studio