Author Topic: Masks for Decals  (Read 181 times)

2024-04-25, 16:24:01

Image Complete

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
Hello,

I would like to have the ability to create a Monochrome or RGB mask from Decals in the future. The ID Mask is basically unusable when it comes to color selection in Photoshop.

Thanks
We offer Visual Communication

2024-04-26, 11:46:33
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
You mean render elements, right? You would like to render your image and have decals as masks so that you could for example select a specific decal in a 2D editor?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2024-04-27, 10:45:22
Reply #2

Image Complete

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
You mean render elements, right? You would like to render your image and have decals as masks so that you could for example select a specific decal in a 2D editor?

Exactly! In my case, I have used a decal to create crossing lines for pedestrians in a road. The road is the main object with an asphalt as a material on it and the decal is the crossing lines. I wanted to lower down the exposure of that crossing lines in Photoshop but the selection on anything else except Monochrome or RGB masks doesn't give me a detailed mask. As a result the lower exposure adjustment creates a frindge-like effect around the crossing lines.
We offer Visual Communication

2024-04-29, 22:15:28
Reply #3

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Letting you know that we already have a task for supporting Decals in CMasking_Mask and possibly other render elements.

(Report ID=CMAX-27)
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us