Author Topic: R23 Asset browser  (Read 2674 times)

2021-03-04, 16:29:55

Konichowaa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think there is still some compatibility issue with Corona 6.1 and R23 Asset Manager.

I use the asset manager very intensly, to relink textures used from the Content browser presets to absloute paths,
because since version 6.1 there are serious performance issues with loading textures from presets (read: no absolute paths) and superslow rendering material previews.
Therefore I have to relink a few times every hour to keep C4D fast, the difference is really huge when using absolute paths everywhere.
But the actual problem I experience now is this:

When I use an IES light source, inside a corona light, from a preset (either a preset for IES database, or an IES included in imported lighting preset) it is impossible to replace or relink the IES file in the asset manager. It seems to work, and it's changing to the absolute path, but after a few seconds the path flips back to the preset IES. Equal when using the replace function.

When using a regular/native light this functionality works as expected...

Thanks for some info on this,
Koen Van haesendonck
3D-lab - www.3d-lab.be

2021-03-05, 09:21:12
Reply #1

mmarcotic

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Jan - C4D QA
    • View Profile
Hello,

we are aware of this issue (Internal ID=562653248) and we plan to fix it as soon as we tackle higher priority tasks. I will try to pull some strings on this one as you are not the only one who has encountered this issue.

Thanks,
Jan
Learn how to report bugs for Corona in C4D here.

2021-03-05, 15:54:39
Reply #2

Konichowaa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Very much appreciated Jan & rest of the team !
Koen Van haesendonck
3D-lab - www.3d-lab.be

2021-03-13, 14:02:34
Reply #3

Stefan-L

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi mmarcotic

do you mean you can fix the slow r23 perfomarmce overall?

i get partly endless prepare times in c4d r23 like 9min vs a few seconds with c4d r19! with exact the same scene and corona version.

i think it is related with texture paths,but i am not sure, but the difference from r19 to r23 is extreme in some scenes.
sofar i have to switch back to r19 for some work on recent bigger scenes, which is a pity