Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] I need help!

Max Ray Depth somehow broken ?

<< < (2/3) > >>

NicolasC:
Weird, I thought I did things correctly in the report page ... anyway, it's DRESSING_H-F_08.zip.
Sorry ;)

Avi:
Hi,

I had the look at your scene and it seems like your mirror material was wrong. Fixing your mirror material seems to fix your issue.

I am sharing the a screen recording of your scene privately via inbox to protect the privacy of your project.

I hope this solves your issue.

Regards,
Avi

romullus:
It would be nice to know what was wrong with mirror material, so to not make the same mistake for myself.

NicolasC:
Avi,

I was just about to write a message to thank you publicly here.
What Avi found ? switching to Corona Physical Material, with preset Perfect Mirror solved the problem ! thanks a lot for fixing so quickly my problem. However, I'd really like to know what was the problem with the Legacy material here. I mean, mirror material is probably one of the simplest one can set up, so ... did I do something wrong ? or is that sort of a limitation of the Legacy material somewhere ? or a bug ? or ? sorry, by nature, I hate not understanding something :)

Thanks again for your help !!

Avi:
Hi,

Here was the mistake -

Even if you are using legacy mtl

- Reflection color was not set to pure white
- Reflections were glossy.
- Ior was set to 10. You need to set it to 999 in legacy or just simply use the physicalmtl metal mode for more accurate results.

How I solved it?

I gave both mirrors exactly the same mirror material.
I changed Legacymtl to Corona physical mtl.
Use the pre-defined preset of the mirror to load accurate values for a surface to act as a mirror.

There is no such limitation or bugs regarding it, it was just a simple material error, that's it.

That's all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version