Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] I need help!

Any way to randomise gamma within texture tiling?

(1/5) > >>

Jpjapers:
I want to add a bit pf patchy variation across a fabric surface to simulate panels stitched together. Im looking for a way either with corona or some OSL shaders that would let me randomise the gamma of a single tiling bitmap so every time it tiles its slightly different. Has anyone got any ideas on how this might be achieved?

aaouviz:
I wouldn't over-complicate it with gamma?

That being said: Some combination of MultiMap plugged into the UVW?

Or do a floor-gen on the object (so long as it's a flat surface, probably isn't?) and do a multimap onto that?

Jpjapers:

--- Quote from: aaouviz on 2021-09-14, 11:38:10 ---I wouldn't over-complicate it with gamma?

That being said: Some combination of MultiMap plugged into the UVW?

Or do a floor-gen on the object (so long as it's a flat surface, probably isn't?) and do a multimap onto that?

--- End quote ---

Its swagged fabric for large canvas tents like circus tents so im trying to get it to look slightly patchy so floorgen just wouldnt work.
I cant see a way that multimap would be able to provide randomisation to normal tiling as there isnt a mode for it which is why i wonder about the OSL route but i have no idea how much of OSL corona supports.

Avi:
Is it possible for you to attach a scene file or a reference Image showcasing what exactly you are trying to achieve?

Looking forward to it.

Regards,
Avi

maru:
Multimap has gamma randomization which you can use even with a single item.
If you are using the UVW Randomizer for the tiling randomization, you can plug this UVW Randomizer into Multimap, enable the gamma variation, profit!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version