Author Topic: Corona displacement mod problem  (Read 155 times)

2024-04-21, 15:26:52

lukado

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello everyone,

I have problem with Corona Displacement mod. I have Editable poly object with unwrap map and Coronadisplacementmod  applied. As you can see on attached images, not all surfaces have displacement visible (image 1). When I turn my object around (image 2), displacement is applied to back side of model. How can I achieve displacement visible on all sides of object?
Thanks

2024-04-21, 15:43:11
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
If you're checking displacement in IR (interactive rendering), then be aware, that Corona uses adaptive tessellation and surfaces that are not in view at the start of the rendering will have much lower, or no subdivision at all and thus displacement will be significantly worse, or even non existent. When you change the view in IR, the displacement will not be updated, until you restart the rendering.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2024-04-21, 17:51:04
Reply #2

lukado

• Users
    • View Profile
Results are same in rendering as in IR. What I realize it got something with unwrap and editable poly, because when I apply displacement to simple box it is ok on all sides of box. As soon as I convert simple box to editable poly and apply unwrap and  displacement, one side of box got displacement and other side is "flat". Below is example of same model that shows front and back side of the model.

2024-04-21, 22:00:55
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Hmm, that makes no sense, because if there were issues with UVs or unwrap modifier, you would see problems with diffuse texture as well. Can you try to replicate it with any other displacement texture, preferably with the one that you could safely share.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2024-04-22, 02:24:55
Reply #4

Tom

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Did you try to put the Displacement map in the material slot instead of using a modifier?

2024-04-22, 02:32:32
Reply #5

Tom

• Active Users
    • View Profile
As soon as I convert simple box to editable poly and apply unwrap and  displacement, one side of box got displacement and other side is "flat".

I'm not able to reproduce this issue. Every face of the box looks fine on my end, even when it's converted to editable poly and I played a bit with the UVs with the Unwrap UVW modifier.