Author Topic: backburner error  (Read 2328 times)

2016-11-17, 14:53:33

DarcTheo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Wanting to setup backburner so that I can queue a few jobs over night and weekends. Currently stuck with this error - 3ds Max Backburner Error retrieving information An existing connection was forcible closed by the remote host 0x2746

the autodesk site then gives this as a solution -

Solution:

Verify below is applied to all computers participating in the Backburner network rendering process:

render slaves, manager, 3ds Max workstation.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929852/en-us

But I don't really understand what thats going to do to all the machines or which download to even use. seems like a very short answer with no real explination on why I must do this. Is there another way round this error or can anyone here better explain this?
« Last Edit: 2016-11-17, 15:30:29 by DarcTheo »

2016-11-17, 15:23:29
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Not really sure about the specific solution, since I am not familiar with this problem, but on that MS site you can see applications which disable some things, and applications which enable the same things back (e.g. "Disable IPv6 on all nontunnel interfaces" and "Re-enable IPv6 on all nontunnel interfaces"). So this sounds like something safe to do. If you are using many computers, I would suggest isolating only one, and checking one by one if applying the fixes changes anything.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-11-17, 15:47:19
Reply #2

DarcTheo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Not really sure about the specific solution, since I am not familiar with this problem, but on that MS site you can see applications which disable some things, and applications which enable the same things back (e.g. "Disable IPv6 on all nontunnel interfaces" and "Re-enable IPv6 on all nontunnel interfaces"). So this sounds like something safe to do. If you are using many computers, I would suggest isolating only one, and checking one by one if applying the fixes changes anything.

I was about to try one of the downloads, re entered the IP address on the server and I got it to work! i had input 192.168.0.0x instead of 192.168.0.x the extra zero screwed it up :) bah.