Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] I need help!

TV texture

<< < (2/3) > >>

bnji:
The best suggestion will be to always try using a Corona Light material instead.
The rendering speed will be better, the introduced noise will be less, etc.
@pokoy already gave you the best suggestion:

--- Quote ---...it's always good to use a setup closely matching the real thing you're trying to reproduce...
--- End quote ---
Kind regards.

garamouni:
Thank you @pokoy (for both answers)!

--- Quote from: pokoy on 2022-06-27, 17:51:49 ---Generally, it's always good to use a setup closely matching the real thing you're trying to reproduce. It'll certainly help if you use a glass object in front of the plane, this will add realism and take care of correct reflections. For the 'luminous' screen material, I'd go with LightMtl instead of self-illumination, it'll render faster (self-illumination is solved via GI calculations which are slower and noisier, LightMtl will use an optimized illumination model).

--- End quote ---

garamouni:
Clear! will give it a go now, thanks!

--- Quote from: bnji on 2022-06-28, 03:10:07 ---The best suggestion will be to always try using a Corona Light material instead.
The rendering speed will be better, the introduced noise will be less, etc.
@pokoy already gave you the best suggestion:

--- Quote ---...it's always good to use a setup closely matching the real thing you're trying to reproduce...
--- End quote ---
Kind regards.

--- End quote ---

romullus:

--- Quote from: pokoy on 2022-06-28, 02:18:52 ---Wait, I was referring to a CRT screen

--- End quote ---

I think this clearly tells how old you are :] For me it's the same - whenever i see similar question, CRT screen always springs to my mind first, eventhough i didn't see such screen in the last decade.

Topic related question - if light material is used with "emit light" being turned off, is this still counts as light material, or as self-illumination in terms of GI calculation?

burnin:
:D first colored TV I watched, had colored glass (thin film filter) on front for colors
Also, I absolutely agree,  be "predictive" & good luck doing it effortlessly using artistic rendering engine & values - it's a breeze :) & a pleasure, cruising w/ V8 ;)

PS
Had OLED/QLED in mind. That's the easiest now :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version