Author Topic: Falloff length and strenght for the volume material  (Read 1974 times)

2022-02-09, 11:03:47

JoachimArt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • JoachimArt
I have mentioned this earlier, but I would love if you could consider adding a falloff amount/strength to the volume material. Because it would greatly increase the usecases for the materials. I often like to use this material for quick things, like adding a cloud dot within a sphere here and there or simple snowflakes or other stuff. But currently, it has such harsch edge on the end of the mesh unless its extremely transparent. Would be nice if you could fir instance make fluffy dots of volume that fades out completely in the edges of the volume mesh.

ps! sorry added this in the wrong forum, was meant the (Max) Feature request - or as a general feature request

2022-02-09, 13:11:54
Reply #1

aler

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+1
Yes, it would be nice attenuation along the edge.
In the meantime, as an variant - 3D-Linear Gradient.

2022-02-09, 13:37:34
Reply #2

aler

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sorry, I made a mistake and wrote in the section Max,
but the principle is probably the same...

2022-02-09, 14:16:11
Reply #3

JoachimArt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • JoachimArt
Thank you for a  good tip! But for things that have radial fallow such as snow or or circular things with various sizes, I guess its harder to use this?

2022-02-09, 14:36:23
Reply #4

aler

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you for a  good tip! But for things that have radial fallow such as snow or or circular things with various sizes, I guess its harder to use this?
Yes, I agree. Probably in Max and in C4D the inconvenience is the same. In Cinema 4D for this you can apply only Gradient Linear or Radial, but it is not applicable to more complex shapes.