Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Feature Requests

Script for saving sequence from interactive preview

(1/1)

Jak:
Would be great to have a script that could save an animation sequence out of Interactive Corona Frame Buffer Preview.

Frood:
What would be different to production rendering and lower settings? Or screen recording in case of free navigation?

Good Luck

Jak:

--- Quote from: Frood on 2021-10-14, 18:13:40 ---What would be different to production rendering and lower settings? Or screen recording in case of free navigation?

Good Luck

--- End quote ---

I am getting somehow much lower parsing times than normally, thats one thing (not sure if this would be the cause with more than one frame preview tough).

Another would be a really fast animation preview using "fast preview denoise" - is there a way to turn this on when rendering frame sequences? If not this is the reason why. I am getting decent image preview after 10 - 20 seconds, ideal for rough animation.

How a screen recording would do me good here? I cant set it for multiple frames with Corona render?

EDIT - also saving time on "denoising each frame", because the fast preview denoise does that automatically.

Frood:

--- Quote from: Jak on 2021-10-15, 05:04:07 ---I am getting somehow much lower parsing times than normally, thats one thing (not sure if this would be the cause with more than one frame preview tough).

--- End quote ---

This may be caused by different embree settings for IR and production rendering. But usually you get more rays/s when using the production acceleration structure. There are scenes (only few instances, large meshes) which are awfully slow using IR compared to production, so it depends on the scene.

--- Quote from: Jak on 2021-10-15, 05:04:07 ---Another would be a really fast animation preview using "fast preview denoise" - is there a way to turn this on when rendering frame sequences? If not this is the reason why. I am getting decent image preview after 10 - 20 seconds, ideal for rough animation.

--- End quote ---

The "Fast preview denoise" is the same as choosing "NVIDIA GPU AI" in Render Setup -> Scene -> Denoising -> Denoising Mode. So yes, you can use it for a frame sequence.

--- Quote from: Jak on 2021-10-15, 05:04:07 ---How a screen recording would do me good here? I cant set it for multiple frames with Corona render?

--- End quote ---

Yes, you cannot. That's why I wrote "in case of free navigation" (sometimes I use IR + screen recorder + 3D mouse to record the state of a model).

So it seems what remains is that you would like to use IR because of lower parsing times. Would be helpful to see a comparison from one of your scenes regarding parsing + rendering (the "Stats" tab from Corona VFB) for example an HD image with 10 passes respectively with comparable noise/noise level (10 passes IR do not equal 10 passes production regarding quality). I don't expect any large difference if you set production render settings low enough (this is what's happening when starting IR internally as well for a few values).

Good Luck

Jak:

--- Quote from: Frood on 2021-10-15, 09:40:48 ---
--- Quote from: Jak on 2021-10-15, 05:04:07 ---I am getting somehow much lower parsing times than normally, thats one thing (not sure if this would be the cause with more than one frame preview tough).

--- End quote ---

This may be caused by different embree settings for IR and production rendering. But usually you get more rays/s when using the production acceleration structure. There are scenes (only few instances, large meshes) which are awfully slow using IR compared to production, so it depends on the scene.

--- Quote from: Jak on 2021-10-15, 05:04:07 ---Another would be a really fast animation preview using "fast preview denoise" - is there a way to turn this on when rendering frame sequences? If not this is the reason why. I am getting decent image preview after 10 - 20 seconds, ideal for rough animation.

--- End quote ---

The "Fast preview denoise" is the same as choosing "NVIDIA GPU AI" in Render Setup -> Scene -> Denoising -> Denoising Mode. So yes, you can use it for a frame sequence.

--- Quote from: Jak on 2021-10-15, 05:04:07 ---How a screen recording would do me good here? I cant set it for multiple frames with Corona render?

--- End quote ---

Yes, you cannot. That's why I wrote "in case of free navigation" (sometimes I use IR + screen recorder + 3D mouse to record the state of a model).

So it seems what remains is that you would like to use IR because of lower parsing times. Would be helpful to see a comparison from one of your scenes regarding parsing + rendering (the "Stats" tab from Corona VFB) for example an HD image with 10 passes respectively with comparable noise/noise level (10 passes IR do not equal 10 passes production regarding quality). I don't expect any large difference if you set production render settings low enough (this is what's happening when starting IR internally as well for a few values).

Good Luck

--- End quote ---

Alrighty, thank you for your time and info, the Nvidia denoiser was what I was after, after all.

Cheers!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version