Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] Feature Requests

Sun Exclusion Tolerance

(1/1)

CJRenders:
Forgive me and educate me if there is already something similar to this that I'm unaware of.. But I'd love to be able to exclude objects from the sun at an adjustable amount. Say I just wanted to exclude 80% of the light from the sun on a single object. This would be amazing!

Cinemike:
It's not a perfect workaround (cue: shadows), but you could use two suns. One main sun that "excludes" the specific object and a second sun that only includes this specific object and shines with 20% of the main sun's intensity.

CJRenders:
Ill try this after I work on the texture a bit! thanks for the tip!

CJRenders:

--- Quote from: Cinemike on 2021-09-22, 22:37:19 ---It's not a perfect workaround (cue: shadows), but you could use two suns. One main sun that "excludes" the specific object and a second sun that only includes this specific object and shines with 20% of the main sun's intensity.

--- End quote ---

This was indeed a good solution for my issue! Thanks again

Cinemike:

--- Quote from: CJRenders on 2021-10-07, 17:37:15 ---
--- Quote from: Cinemike on 2021-09-22, 22:37:19 ---It's not a perfect workaround (cue: shadows), but you could use two suns. One main sun that "excludes" the specific object and a second sun that only includes this specific object and shines with 20% of the main sun's intensity.

--- End quote ---

This was indeed a good solution for my issue! Thanks again

--- End quote ---

:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version