Author Topic: Corona-Materials.de is online  (Read 16911 times)

2016-06-05, 02:16:15
Reply #15

kalua

• Users
    • View Profile
Cool!!!!
Nice to see this kind of stuff in early development of the plugin...
Thumbs UP!!

2016-06-05, 14:08:12
Reply #16

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Browsing through pages of materials doesn't respect sorting

2016-06-25, 13:36:30
Reply #17

deshu

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Your site have so much better visual design than http://coronamaterials.com/
Looking very good!

I am wondering - does corona material for cinema have identical settings like corona for max?
If it does, maybe it would be possible to build software independent library.
Also, I am wondering about writing a scripts, which would send material directly from your website to max/cinema material editor, and download needed maps to some pre-setup directory on harddrive. This would greatly speed up the workflow!

2016-06-25, 21:14:15
Reply #18

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sadly it's platform independent at the moment. I'm really hoping they release a universal stand alone node based material editor. They would just need a decent batch of proceedurals and layer system.

2016-06-25, 21:39:47
Reply #19

deshu

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sadly it's platform independent at the moment.

Yes I know. But it would be quite easy to develop exporter for both softwares, which would create simple JSON file, with all the material informations - values, colors, map paths, etc.
Then, importer/interpreter for each application would have to be developed. Based on information stored in JSON file, it would reconstruct material in platform specific way.
Both importer and exporter could also access database directly. Data like corona version would be passed automaticaly, and even thumbnail creation could be automated.

I don't see much problem here. Only procedural maps could be the case here as you mentioned. I've never used Cinema, but I suppose that procedurals like noise and falloff are all available.
If not, procedural baker for some maps could be incorporated.

I might develop some proof of concept quite soon. For max/cinema pc version.

2016-06-26, 02:17:54
Reply #20

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That would be awesome. Not used the max version myself but seen some of the video tuts that show the interface. I think its basically the same but some of the naming conventions are different, im sure thats an easy one though. Might be tricky to convert the slate editor inputs to C4D system? What is the layewr system like in Max? Can you stack bitmaps with different blending modes and masks? Im no expert in this though! Probably best contacting Ales or someone about this. Would be great if that sort of thing could be possible though.

2016-06-27, 14:23:05
Reply #21

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
I think I've read somewhere that there was something similar already in development for Corona. Not sure if that's true but if a dev could deny / confirm it that would actually be great :P
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2016-06-27, 14:56:02
Reply #22

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I think I've read somewhere that there was something similar already in development for Corona. Not sure if that's true but if a dev could deny / confirm it that would actually be great :P
Not actually a developer here, but I think you might be referring to Corona standalone, which at some point in the future may allow interoperability.

Might be tricky to convert the slate editor inputs to C4D system?
Slate and compact material editors in 3ds Max are displaying exactly the same materials, only in a different way. You can see it as a different viewer.

Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us