Author Topic: CPU frequency  (Read 7345 times)

2022-01-06, 13:48:27
Reply #15

LorenzoS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you Rowmanns

2022-01-11, 12:31:54
Reply #16

kowalski

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I have exactly the same problem on both of my slave machines. It was ok till switching to Corona 7.1 (before I was using Corona 6).

Slaves are on different windows versions (10 and 7), the same problem on both machines. For sure in my case it's not related to uploading render data to master.

2022-01-11, 15:41:33
Reply #17

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

I have exactly the same problem on both of my slave machines. It was ok till switching to Corona 7.1 (before I was using Corona 6).

Slaves are on different windows versions (10 and 7), the same problem on both machines. For sure in my case it's not related to uploading render data to master.
Hi,

I think this might be a slightly different issue, as from your screenshot I can see that your CPU usage is dropping at regular intervals. I think this is due to an issue with the bucket rendering which we introduced in v7. I have a workaround for this, in the development options there is a box for string variables. You can disable the bucket rendering by adding the following into that box, by doing this you will ensure that the buckets don't kick in at all and you won't get this drop in CPU usage.
int progressive.boxScramblingPassLimit = 1000
You have to first enable the development rollout, instructions on this are here: https://support.corona-renderer.com/hc/en-us/articles/4402367677713-How-to-enable-the-Development-Experimental-stuff-rollout-

Just a note, this will NOT fix the DR issue which was reported in this task originally. We are working on a seperate fix for this.

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2022-03-04, 14:04:05
Reply #18

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi all,
someone know if the CPU frequency reduction on dr slave, see attachment, is normal?

tahnk you
Hi,

this issue is fixed in the latest daily build, you can grab it here: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=33839.msg195869#msg195869

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!