Author Topic: Theatre in Barcelona  (Read 5034 times)

2012-11-10, 13:57:40

andreupuig

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • APtecture
Finally I'm posting here the final renders of this project.
The exterior renders took about 2 hours to converge to a acceptable quality, the interiors took about 10 hours to reach the 120 passes (I let all night, maybe it was good few hours before).
Everything rendered at 2400 as maximum side.
From this production experience I was quite impressed how Corona is fast especially with such amount of glossy reflections everywhere.

Edit: wrong images attached...
« Last Edit: 2012-11-10, 14:00:35 by andreupuig »

2012-11-10, 16:13:33
Reply #1

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Very nice, but 10 hours is a bit too much IMHO...  either scene could be better optimized, or there is possibly a bug somewhere :)

2012-11-10, 17:07:07
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Makes good impression, but if you look closer there are some ugly areas like those bitmap buildings with strange outlines or noisy areas. Congratulations anyway!
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2012-11-11, 12:53:40
Reply #3

andreupuig

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • APtecture
@Rawalanche: yes, 10 hours are a bit too much, but I let render through the night, so maybe after 3 hours it was good. After 10 hours it reached pass 120. Is there a specific number of passes that could be considered accaptable or it vary from scene to scene? For example, Next Limit says that a pass of 25 is good enough for Maxwell Render. For the optimization I asked for but I didn't received any useful advice. I picked up some settings from other posts. The artificial illumination here is mainly given from meshes with emission material and Corona plane lights.

@Maru: for the bitmap building you are totally right, I didn't liked but were directly asked from the client.

2012-11-11, 13:11:17
Reply #4

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
number of passes needed depends on the scene and other settings, so there is no universal value for "good quality"
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)