Author Topic: error creating file output  (Read 25669 times)

2012-10-24, 12:46:29

andreupuig

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • APtecture
I've got this error just after hit the render button from the top bar or in the render settings dialog, but everything works fine is I press F9. Same thing if I press the "render!" button in the VFB.
Started working few minutes on a huge vray scene, converted with the script in max 2012, then after doing some test renders and modify objects/lights/materials the error appear. First time appear after changing the environment in the render dialog, then I loaded an autobackup, second time after editing some geometries.

Bye

2012-10-24, 12:57:55
Reply #1

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Make sure you have set up saving locations and formats for all of your render elements (if you have any render elements added) ;)

I know that need to have always set up output locations for every single element is quite inconvenient. I will ask Keymaster to do something about that ;)

2012-10-24, 13:09:32
Reply #2

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
You won't have to set up the locations for each of them separately, just add your REs and change the global output. The RE paths will be updated automatic. But there is indeed some strange thing going on with the output sometimes. I can't say when exactly those things happen but everytime it happens it's because corona sets the (global) output path to the Projectfolder without a filename (or ending) which will of course lead to a error message. I'm still trying to figure out why it happens
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2012-10-24, 13:32:53
Reply #3

andreupuig

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • APtecture
Thank you both for the quick and precise solution, it obvisiouly worked. I erased all my vray render elements and everything's fine.
It's strange that it doesn't appear at first render.

2012-10-24, 14:22:00
Reply #4

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Also, concerning the scene you posted on the image. For certain glass components where refraction on the edges doesn't need to be seen, you can make the glass geometry onesided (without thickness) and put glass material set to twosided mode on it. It could give you some significant speed boost ;)

2012-10-24, 14:51:19
Reply #5

andreupuig

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • APtecture
Yes I know, all glasses are already single face geometry and with twosided glass material. In fact, the error message appeared after deleting all unnecessary geometries.

2017-02-19, 20:06:01
Reply #6

drhashemi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You won't have to set up the locations for each of them separately, just add your REs and change the global output. The RE paths will be updated automatic. But there is indeed some strange thing going on with the output sometimes. I can't say when exactly those things happen but everytime it happens it's because corona sets the (global) output path to the Projectfolder without a filename (or ending) which will of course lead to a error message. I'm still trying to figure out why it happens

hi my friend
do you understand why this happaen?