Author Topic: Corona Material/Lights Converter (legacy)  (Read 1088398 times)

2015-12-04, 04:36:19
Reply #795

brightlight

• Users
    • View Profile
I also had a problem converting this Vray ' frosted glass' material.

This one had noise maps in the refraction and bump slots.

2015-12-04, 17:40:08
Reply #796

asdecret

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello there,

I might be doing something wrong but i am having some issues with the vray proxy conversion on the 1.23 vray corona converter ( I am using corona 1.3)

While the material conversion seems to work the vray proxy conversion gives me a unknown system exception and the following text is highlighted "CProxy.ProxyFp.fromScene corProxy vrProxy outpath".  The file output is correct i checked, it is the same as the original.  After this the conversion begins ( i hit ok on the error message)  but seems to freeze and does not create any proxies.
What is interesting is that the vray proxy converter 1.16 seems to work perfectly.

Thanks for your help

alex

2015-12-05, 12:29:38
Reply #797

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Error recorded trying to convert this Vray material:
Ok, can you first try the new converter version? And if it still doesn't work, please send me the original material, so I can have a look what exactly is going wrong :)

I also had a problem converting this Vray ' frosted glass' material.

This one had noise maps in the refraction and bump slots.
Same thing, I don't see what's the issue here. Can you please send me the original material for testing?

I might be doing something wrong but i am having some issues with the vray proxy conversion on the 1.23 vray corona converter ( I am using corona 1.3)

While the material conversion seems to work the vray proxy conversion gives me a unknown system exception and the following text is highlighted "CProxy.ProxyFp.fromScene corProxy vrProxy outpath".  The file output is correct i checked, it is the same as the original.  After this the conversion begins ( i hit ok on the error message)  but seems to freeze and does not create any proxies.
What is interesting is that the vray proxy converter 1.16 seems to work perfectly.
Hm, strange. The freezing of max happens when the export of a proxy throws an error. Robin fixed a bug in the daily builds where Corona froze when exporting objects with zero faces. I also made a check to prevent this from happening in version 1.22. So this seems to be a new issue. Could you provide the model that's causing the crash?
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2015-12-07, 07:34:37
Reply #798

brightlight

• Users
    • View Profile
Ok, thanks, max file enclosed. I lost the material with the noise but these
gave me problems.

2015-12-07, 11:12:11
Reply #799

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Ok, thanks, max file enclosed. I lost the material with the noise but these
gave me problems.

Ok, found the problem. For some reason your materials had a refraction glossiness value of 102.0 (which doesn't show up in the material, there it doesn't allow more then 1.0). I guess you've used some script that produces this issue. Quickest fix for now is to just set the glossiness back to 1.0 by hand in the UI until I release a new script version.

2015-12-07, 13:03:19
Reply #800

asdecret

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello Deadclown,

I am confused on the use of the corona proxy convert popup dialog while running the converter 1.23:
is it?
1. to convert an existing corona proxy .cproxy to a cgeo proxy
2. to convert vrayproxy to corona proxy.
I assume it is to convert an existing vray proxy to a corona proxy. This is where i might be wrong. 

I  ran the script 1.23 on a scene with an existing vray proxy  and the mat conversion went fine and as the corona proxy dialog box came up i chose a path and nothing was created.

Further more I ran the corona proxy exporter 0.04 on the original mesh and it created a corona cgeo proxy perfectly.
I am attaching a zip with the max file and the vray mesh and the map.

Thanks for your help

alex

2015-12-07, 13:37:22
Reply #801

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
I am confused on the use of the corona proxy convert popup dialog while running the converter 1.23:
is it?
1. to convert an existing corona proxy .cproxy to a cgeo proxy
2. to convert vrayproxy to corona proxy.
I assume it is to convert an existing vray proxy to a corona proxy. This is where i might be wrong. 
No, it's right. It is for converting .vrmesh Vray proxy to .cgeo Corona proxy.

I  ran the script 1.23 on a scene with an existing vray proxy  and the mat conversion went fine and as the corona proxy dialog box came up i chose a path and nothing was created.
I have tried it here, it works both with the original path option and the custom path option. It's probably a really stupid question but have you clicked the "Convert proxies" button in the proxy converter dialog?
You're using the official 1.3 build? not daily builds?
Maybe you should also download the latest converter version again and try it another time, even if it's unlikely that it will solve something.
Also: is the Path to the .vrmesh correct in your VrayProxy? Sometimes max automatically searches subfolders when it doesn't find the specified file and takes those found files even though the file path is invalid. You don't notice it as a user but the script won't be able to find the file this way and skip it.

2015-12-07, 14:22:41
Reply #802

asdecret

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello Deadclown,

thanks for your reply.
I am using the 1.3 corona build:
Corona version: 1.3
Full-speed, Non-debug, MaxSDK 2014
Build timestamp: Nov  3 2015 13:06:03
Defines: Wide RGB

Further more I downloaded from this page the 1.23 converter:
http://www.racoon-artworks.de/CoronaConverter/CoronaConverter.html

I checked the path of the vrmesh prior to running the script both in the asset tracking and also in the path in the modifier tab of the vray proxy.
I also made sure of clicking the convert proxies button both the original and new path option but not corona proxy was created.
 Actually after clicking the convert proxies button there is no process taking place vs. when creating in through an older version of the script see below.

I used an old script, probably created by you to convert a vray proxy to corona proxy : proxy.crp and the proxy was created on the same vray proxy.
I am attaching the script itself.
I believe I am following the right steps through the process and not sure what is wrong. 
For info i am using 3ds max 2014.

Thanks for your help

alex

ps could

2015-12-07, 16:50:07
Reply #803

asdecret

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello there,

i tried the process on an evermotion exterior  scene and opened the script listener:

INFO: Converting scene materials...
INFO: Material conversion took 9.229 seconds
INFO: Iterations: 66, converted: 66
INFO: Converting scene maps...
INFO: Map conversion took 1.77 seconds
INFO: Iterations: 75, converted: 75
INFO: Converting scene lights...
INFO: Light conversion took 0.666 seconds
INFO: Iterations: 1
Conversion done.
INFO: Converting scene materials...
INFO: Material conversion took 1.068 seconds
INFO: Iterations: 66, converted: 66
INFO: Converting scene maps...
INFO: Map conversion took 0.892 seconds
INFO: Iterations: 75, converted: 75
INFO: Converting scene lights...
INFO: Light conversion took 0.641 seconds
INFO: Iterations: 1
Conversion done.
Skipped [contains 0 faces]: path.....AE_16_09_grassStrand05.vrmesh
Skipped [contains 0 faces]: path.....\AE_16_09_grassStrand02.vrmesh
Skipped [contains 0 faces]: path.....AE_16_09_grassStrand01.vrmesh
Skipped [contains 0 faces]: path.....AE_16_09_grassStrand04.vrmesh
Skipped [contains 0 faces]: path.....AE_16_09_grassStrand03.vrmesh
Skipped [contains 0 faces]: path.....AE_16_09_grassStrand06.vrmesh
Skipped [contains 0 faces]: path.....AE_16_09_grass_sparse.vrmesh

2015-12-07, 16:58:38
Reply #804

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Hmm, well, that tells me that your proxies have either 0 faces or that your path is invalid. Have you modified the output ("Skipped [contains 0 faces]: path.....AE_16_09_grassStrand05.vrmesh")  ? It should print the full path. If not, are you using relative pathes? The script will most likely not work with relative pathes (I have never used them and totally forgot about it).

2015-12-07, 17:06:45
Reply #805

asdecret

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hello there

this is the path
Skipped [contains 0 faces]: G:\My Documents\3d ojects\Evermotion Exteriors 16\09\maps\AE_16_09_grassStrand04.vrmesh
This is an external hardrive

but usually I work on my hardrive on my pc actually the desktop and the path system is the same.
Could you suggest how to change the path system if it is the issue?
Thanks

2015-12-07, 17:11:12
Reply #806

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Ok, if the path is not relative (thus absolute) and the file is exactly there then... I've no idea. I still think this is a path problem and the file is not at this location.

For making relative pathes absolute check the screenshot below (I hope I remembered it correctly and this should work)

2015-12-07, 17:56:20
Reply #807

asdecret

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for you help

i tried your suggestion but i believe the paths are absolute because the option you mentioned was not available.
In any case the vmesh is there.

thanks for the time you took to help me.

alex

2015-12-07, 17:56:50
Reply #808

asdecret

• Active Users
    • View Profile
t

2015-12-08, 10:05:21
Reply #809

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Ok, I'm clueless now :( Only thing I can suggest is to send me this scene and I'll have another look, maybe I missed something. One more question: which Vray version do you have installed?