Author Topic: Corona Highlight Compress with Photographic Exposure  (Read 322 times)

2023-12-11, 20:29:47

sadypisten

• Active Users
  • http://istvansady.com/
    • View Profile
Hey there,
I don't really know if is it a bug, or a feature, but I just run in to a problem with Highlight Compress. In the office we have a template file with set up highlight compress, and it works perfectly in most cases. But today I had to use Photographic Exposure control instead of simple, and just realised, when leave the highlight compress value on our "default" 10, and setting the camera (f number, or shutter speed) it do not lightening or darkening the image, but instead it start to decrease the light or dark values of it, just like when you using the lower slider of Levels in Photoshop. After a short while, I've realised, somehow with Photographic Exposure the highlight compress works properly under value of 1 (0-1 interval), but over 1 it starts to destroy the image.

Is that a bug? Will it be fixed, so the simple and photographic exposures will work the same?
Thanks

2023-12-15, 13:46:01
Reply #1

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Can you please attach some examples (or a scene), so we can better understand the issue?
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us