Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] Daily Builds

Depth of Field Highlights Solver playground!

(1/2) > >>

maru:
Not really a daily build feature, since Corona 10 is already released, but we didn't have a dedicated playground thread for this, and we are super curious about your results, so here it is!

If you are rendering a scene where highlights are blurred due to depth of field (distant city lights, interior lighting, reflective/refractive objects), you can enable the new DOF Highlights Solver to get faster rendering.

You will find the checkbox in Render Settings > Corona > Performance settings. You don't have to change the Budget and Reprojection values as the defaults work well (but you are welcome to test them if you wish!).

You also need a camera with depth of field enabled.

Example 1 - Same render time - Click to open interactive comparison

Example 2 -Same render time - Click to open interactive comparison

You can learn more about the new Highlights Solver and DOF in general at:
- Corona Help Center
- Corona Documentation

tuami:
my scene is extreme bright when i enable the new highlight solver
i have two sky objects (first only visible directly, second only reflect, frfract and Gi) the sceneis loaded within a xref object
any ideas?

maru:
Sorry, but I am not sure what is going on there. Could you please attach a sample scene here or at https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

tuami:
hello here a test scene,
it seems to be related to bloom & glare, a refractive material and or a self illuminated material, test the scene once without and with the highlight solver and leave both rendering bllom and glare on

Beanzvision:
Hi there, are you using the viewport IR for this? Does it happen if you run a default or final render?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version