Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] General Discussion

License

(1/3) > >>

creo3d:
Hi, I have a question regarding the answer to the questions about the Corona 8, before the output of the cr 8 I had so that I am working on the first two cinema 4d r21 and r20.
Previously, I modeled and textured on my laptop and I did such a fast rendering, at the same time the running workstation was rendering the second project. I currently have one license and unfortunately I have to close this license on one device to make it work on the other device. Now I have to buy under a license? I have a subscription for a month.

Nejc Kilar:
Hello!

If you have just one subscription going then you get 1x floating workstation license which means you can move it between computers but at any point in time it can only be active on a single computer. So yes, you need to close it on one computer so that it works on the other.

You can, as you noted, always buy another license which will give you the ability to have 2x Cinema 4D's running with Corona at the same time but alternatively, if you only want the other computer to render the images for you it is probably wiser to look into adding more render node licenses to your subscription.

With render nodes you can model, texture, do interactive rendering and all that on one computer and when you're ready you can start up Team Rendering and then the other computer will join in to help with the number crunching. There's methods using the Render Queue where you can start up Team Rendering without the local machine (the one you are working on) partaking in on the process so that way you can continue working while the other computer is rendering. This does slow down your local computer a bit as well though. If it helps, you can think of render node licenses as specialized licenses that you use when you want that machine to just render stuff out without you actually using it to work on the scene.

Hope that helps :)

TomG:
A render node is the solution here, for when a second machine has to be only rendering and no active use of Corona in modeling and creating a scene.

Question though, you say "before Corona 8" - does that mean you have a license which has been active and subscription maintained without a gap since Corona 7 or earlier?

maru:
I think there is some confusion here.

One workstation package is 1 interface license and 1 render node license.

This means that one workstation license can be used on 2 computers in total (one is showing the interface and not rendering, the other one is rendering only without showing the interface).

This is explained here along with some example scenarios (e.g. "I have 1 computer only", "I have one workstation and 1 render node", etc): https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/4526319255057

It is very easy to tell how many licenses you need.
For any computer where you are physically using the host app (Max or C4D) without doing any rendering, you need 1 interface license.
For any computer where you are rendering only, without showing the host app at all (command-line rendering, using render managers, etc), you need 1 render node license.

TomG:
I am assuming from the description that the needs here are "Work in a scene, including IR and some rendering, on one machine, while purely rendering on a second" which will require more than just a single license. If the "including IR and some rendering" is not the case, then indeed 1 license would be enough (rare though I think for someone to never need any sort of IR or rendering while working on a scene, but you never know!)

Still got my question on whether this is an ongoing uninterrupted subscription from Corona 7 or earlier, though!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version