Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] General Discussion

Wooden trusses fiber direction

(1/3) > >>

Mettigel Hawaii:
Hello,

I would like to render a big amount of wooden trusses facing different directions. Is there a way to get the fiber direction according to the direction of the objects? So far I tried exporting different layers for each direction type, for example: wood horizontal, wood vertical, wood diagonal1, wood diagonal2. In the modelling editor it works, but when I render it, the fiber directions are all the same. (picture3)
Unfortunately I not only have 4 fiber directions in 1 truss, but also 4 directions where the trusses will face. How do I avoid having a loooot of different layers?

Best regards
Mettigel Hawaii

Beanzvision:
Hi there, I'm guessing this is a C4D thing. Maybe try creating selection tags for each section and set the material to cubic mapping. A little tweaking and you should get the result you're after ;)

Mettigel Hawaii:
Hi Beanzvision,

how can I do that? Somehow I cannot select single Polygons from an object. I am trying to do the selection in the Polygon-Mode, but it does not work.

Beanzvision:
Hi there, can you share some more detailed screenshots?

Stefan-L:
if it is one object you can select different faces and use "store selection" to generate the selection tags which you can use then for the cubic mapping.
if the beam is a group of several objects it is even easier to apple the cubic mapping to each sub beam.

overall this is work that you will need to do, you can try to use primitives from start to get proper fitting UVWs right away, then you not need to do the above.

or as option, we use our "UV spline mapper plugin" for C4D, an inhouse too to set the UV along beam, also curved beams, easy via a c4d spline (you can get that in case at www.3dtools.info), this tool we made for texturing such architectural elements, streets or furniture.

you find some info on our tool here in case it interests you:
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=37763.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version