Chaos Scatter > [Scatter] I need help!

Corona Scatter Problem

(1/2) > >>

miacreed:
Hi all,

I'm having a problem with Corona Scatter. I'm attaching a screenshot- basically I'm trying to distribute 1 object on a plane (in a very simple, straightforward scene), and the scatter will distribute the object everywhere except the plane.

Any ideas for resolution? Thank you!

UPDATE: Objects modeled in Max will scatter properly (a cone, a torus, etc), the problem occurs when I try to scatter imported assets (Trees from MaxTree). They will scatter, but completely off-target.

TomG:
The "plane" apparently has a large bounding box (seen in white) - how is it being modified and distorted, as it is clearly warped in some way so is not a straightforward plane?

miacreed:
Hi Tom, how are you?
Thank you for your swift response.
No, it's not a straightforward plane- nevertheless, I tried it out in the same scene with a completely normal and flat plane and the problem persists. This only occurs with imported assets and not objects modeled in Max.
I'm attaching an image!

romullus:
@Tom, the bounding box is not from plane, it's from scatter.

@miacreed, try resetting scattered object's xform and set its pivot point at the base, this should resolve any problems.

TomG:
Yep indeed it's from Scatter, but it's what Scatter sees the plane as being like ;) And yep based on the extra info of these being imported objects, your solutions should be the ones to resolve it!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version