Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] Daily Builds

Physical material presets

(1/1)

Cinemike:
The presets for the physical material "suffer" from extremely high value/saturation settings (which I would not choose for a material I setup myself). Is there some reason behind it that I don't see at the moment or are these settings simply oversights?

As for the Plastic PVC Opaque setting, "Refraction" is active and set to 0% - is there a purpose for "Refraction" in this preset?

I really like the new/old Translucency settings and am going to play with the intersting metal settings (edge color) now.

mmarcotic:
Hello,

regarding the refraction value: thanks for reporting, it's probably a mistake when importing the presets from Max (which works differently than C4D in material definition). We will look into it. (Internal ID=669423498)
As for the high "brightness" (influenced by higher sat/val), I will ask the people responsible for those and let you know the response.

Thanks,
Jan

mmarcotic:
@material preset "lightness":
There were some changes that have (most likely) not yet been merged to the Cinema 4D builds (as it is being developed by the Max team).
However, for non-metals, the users are encouraged to play with the values themselves, the presets are there to give a general idea about the color. This is still under discussion internally and some changes might appear.
For metals, the users should maintain the values given in the preset as they are physically correct and computed from a complex ior.

Thanks,
Jan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version