Author Topic: Sub-frame motion blur  (Read 1015 times)

2020-06-04, 10:36:32

Django

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello!

I've been a Cinema 4D user for years (since version 6!) but just recently tried Corona, and I must say I'm hugely impressed by the speed and quality of this renderer. Kudos to the devs! :)
The C4D integration seems to be very good, however the thing I'm missing the most currently is deformation motion blur.
Since I'm doing characters and animation a lot, this is a fairly essential feature.

In a desperate attempt to make it somehow work, I tried using sub-frame motion blur, and to my surprise it worked (I'm talking about the C4D in-built, not-Corona-specific effect, which you apply in the render settings via Effect -> Sub-Frame Motion Blur).
The joy was quickly over when I found out that if I use this effect, all the textures in my scene are ignored. The frame gets rendered with all lights and geometry, the deformation motion blur looks wonderfully, but there's not a single texture.

Does anyone know a trick or workaround to make Corona use textures AND sub-frame motion blur?

Thanks a lot in advance
Günter

2020-06-04, 10:53:56
Reply #1

Django

• Users
    • View Profile
Funnily, it seems to work with a standard Cinema 4D material. When I use this instead of the corona material, textures and motion blur work.
Btw, is there somewhere a list of C4D-internal shaders that are supported by Corona?